A-Z vinyl collection

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Sadly I could have answered that a few weeks ago but I sold my copy on ebay. I have a memory from the sleeve notes that it was from just one concert.
There seems to be no possibility that they would have had both Bruford and Chester Thompson at the same gig.

I know that Wikipedia isn't necessarily trustworthy, but I see no reason to doubt this:
Seconds Out is compiled mostly from the band's four dates at the Palais des Sports in Paris between 11–14 June 1977. The shows were recorded and broadcast in part by French radio station RTL. One track, "The Cinema Show", was recorded at the Pavillon de Paris on 23 June 1976 during the 1976 tour supporting A Trick of the Tail (1976). This features Bill Bruford on drums.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My vinyl Gs...

Well a very late run from an album I haven't listened to for years just pips Marvin Gaye with Midnight Love into 3rd place - and that late runner was - Art Garfunkel with Angel Clare (1973) - I'd almost forgotten just how fabulous his voice is on this and a great selection of tracks (check out Traveling Boy with great guitar work also).

In 2nd place - Al Green and his Greatest Hits (1975) - such is soul to soul perfection.

There could however be only one winner in the Gs. Genesis (of Peter Gabriel) - but which one...?

And after a little bit as only allowing myself one album of any band/artist)..well in the end there was really no doubt...

My 1st place G on vinyl, Genesis with Selling England by the Pound (1973)

It could so easily have been one of another two (post Gabriel) Genesis albums, Trick of the Tail or Wind and Wuthering. But Selling England...is the first album that I ever bought. The cover is now a bit untidy and dirty, the word sheet not really as new. But I know every word, and the tunes...the album is almost part of me - in fact it probably is part of me.

Postscript. Thinking about Art Garfunkel I realise that Selling England...was my second album. My first I’ll get to a little later.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Starting with a double dose of H; Don Henley's The End Of The Innocence, with Bruce Hornsby on piano. (y)
Got one Bruce Hornsby - good but not in the frame. Isaac Hayes to Hue and Cry and a few in between to choose from. No Hawkwind on vinyl unfortunately. And major blunder - no Housemartins or Happy Mondays

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

Just waiting for the boss (Richart, not Bruce) to release today's choice then I'll start streaming it :)