A-Z vinyl collection

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like many, has to be Genesis today.

A seriously difficult choice from albums Trespass through to Selling England. But I think it has to be Foxtrot - cos it's got Can-utility & the Coastliners on it. (Next 3 albums were ok but I started losing interest after Gabriel left and didn't bother after Wind & Wuthering)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Like many, has to be Genesis today.

A seriously difficult choice from albums Trespass through to Selling England. But I think it has to be Foxtrot - cos it's got Can-utility & the Coastliners on it. (Next 3 albums were ok but I started losing interest after Gabriel left and didn't bother after Wind & Wuthering)

Trick of the Tail for me, Ripples being my fav track.

D

Deleted member 23270

Choice of Genesis album for tomorrow a very hard decision. I seem to have quite a few, and some of the gateleg ones are stunning even before you listen to the music. Difficult to ignore Foxtrot, but the winner is

Selling England by the Pound. Hope it meets with DaveR and Hobbit’s approval.
It does indeed :)

Cinema Show (Seconds Out version) is one of my most listened to tracks (y)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I purchased a cheap program that let's me edit the music & seamlessly remove the clicks & pops you used to get on LPs.
Which program(s) did you use, out of interest? I did the same thing, starting way back in 1994 (saving to DAT tape - remember those?)
All the music is on my PC & I can play it all over the house on a now obsolete Squeezebox system.
Nothing obsolete about the Squeezebox system. You can take your Sonos stuff and Bluetooth speakers and stick em where the sun don't shine. LMS remains the best streaming ecosystem around.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Cinema Show (Seconds Out version) is one of my most listened to tracks (y)
There's a good reason why that particular version is so good. The incomparable Bill Bruford on drums.

Speaking of G: why has nobody yet mentioned Gong? Can't make my mind up between Angel's Egg or You.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to the extreme the other way

Godley and Creme Consequences is definitely the worst record I have ever bought in my life.

I recently sold it on Ebay for a really good price ( Sold as mint condition only played once) I can only believe the buyer had never heard it .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very little in my record collection under G

for me it would be David Gilmour

The album has no name

Still often listened to as a CD or a MP3

D

Deleted member 23270

There's a good reason why that particular version is so good. The incomparable Bill Bruford on drums.

Speaking of G: why has nobody yet mentioned Gong? Can't make my mind up between Angel's Egg or You.
Well every day is a school day! My first impression was nah you've got that wrong, it was Chester Thompson. But I googled it and you are absolutely right, Thompson played drums on every track APART from Cinema Show. Very strange, you don't happen to know the reason by any chance?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I think G has to be Peter Gabriel and I'm going to go for the 3rd album (was tempted by the 4th) primarily for the eerie scariness that is the opening track Intruder.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
for bands with two names....e.g Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull….are we using the initial of the first name or the initial of the name that many folks would recognise? (you could refer to all three of the aforementioned bands by their 2nd name and most folks would know exactly who you were talking about) ????