A-Z vinyl collection

D

Deleted member 1147

Frampton Comes Alive, currently blaring out from the Bose smart speaker as I paint the back of the house.

Might have to put some cans on, the neighbours are obviously uneducated ?
Love his version of While my Guitar gently weeps ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Frankie Goes to Hollywood -Welcome to the Pleasure Dome is todays F....their version of The Power of Love that closes the album is simply awesome.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The Fs

Well - as much as I would have liked a bit of Free (Live) or Fleetwood Mac of the Peter Green days to have got into the frame - they didn’t. But representing late 60s/early 1970s Blues/rock/psychedelia in my 3rd place Family with A Song for Me (1970) with the title track being an absolute stonking bit of all of it - brilliant head banging stuff. Just epic.

2nd is inevitably in there I suppose - Tusk is great but for the summer of 1977 in Pitlochry and all the great times - Fleetwood Mac with Rumours (1977j. It just is. And always will be.

But in 1st place for me in the Fs - finding it in charity shop a few years ago I realised just how utterly brilliant they were - in there own way - even if I didn’t realise it at the time. Frankie goes to Hollywood with Welcome to the Pleasuredome (1984). Epic.

An honourable mention has to go to Fotheringay with their eponymous titled album of 1970 - just for the heavenly voice of Sandy Denny. If you have never heard of Sandy Denny just go find her singing Who Knows where the Time Goes...pity I didn’t have that on vinyl...

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
F is the greatest group ever to walk the face of our planet.....The Fall.
Might well be - but I don’t have any of their stuff on vinyl so they don’t qualify for me...?

Gs tomorrow. Now which Genesis album will I choose. It’s going to have to be Then there were Three or earlier as that was the last I bought on vinyl. But where in my top three will it be. Dunno yet.

I have exactly the same dilemma as @richart. I love Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering as well as my first ever rock/pop album...SEbtP and so do I allow myself two Genesis in my top 3...?

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Might well be - but I don’t have any of their stuff on vinyl so they don’t qualify for me...?

Gs tomorrow. Now which Genesis album will I choose. It’s going to have to be Then there were Three or earlier as that was the last I bought on vinyl. But where in my top three will it be. Dunno yet.

I have exactly the same dilemma as @richart
One with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett hopefully.(y);)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
G is for Rory Gallagher and also Golden Earring ,

Forgot about Focus today, just played Sylvia, fabulous until the yodelling kicks in, never could understand why they ruined so many great songs with that awful warble

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
G is for Rory Gallagher and also Golden Earring ,

Forgot about Focus today, just played Sylvia, fabulous until the yodelling kicks in, never could understand why they ruined so many great songs with that awful warble
One of my daughters mates, played in the support band to Focus when they played in Aldershot. I think she left after her mates band finished their set.:eek: