A-Z vinyl collection

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For F I'm going with Frank Zappa (and no, I don't care about your rotten naming conventions).

If really pushed I could go Fleetwood Mac but it would have to be the earlier blues phase. (Although I will admit that on Rumours, Stevie Nicks' voice was pure sex on a stick).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Quite some debate over my 3rd place - battle between ELO and Eagles - and as I don’t have my favourite ELO album on vinyl - and as good as Face the Music is - I just can’t deny Eagles Greatest Hits Volume 1. just too many awesome melodies, words and arrangements..

In 2nd place - and after a good scrap with my winner - Emerson, Lake and Palmer with Trilogy. What an epic of prog rock...turn it up v loud...love Brain Salad Surgery but don’t have it on vinyl - May still have lost out to Trilogy.

But my E winner is just the classic of fabulous soul/funk of the late 1970s - Earth Wind and Fire with I Am (1979) - I stick it on the turntable with friends round and we just have to Boogie Wonderland. Such a fab and fun record to party to. Will party dance music ever be bettered? And a real lift to the spirit at the moment.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My Fs range from Marianne Faithfull to Edgar Froese via The Four Seasons and Dean Friedman...and a couple of guessable others...so a bit of a listen and think required.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
As I missed the first few

A ABBA, Afghan Whigs
B Beach Boys, Beautiful South, Kate Bush, Bowie
C Crowded House, Cure, Counting Crows
D Dinosaur Jnr.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Something left field for today

Chris Farlowe and the Hill

From Here to Mama Rosa

I had considered all the usual but replaying all my old vinyls last couple of months came upon this classic.

Sadly not on this record, his recording of Handbags and Gladrags is still my preferred version.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Frampton Comes Alive, currently blaring out from the Bose smart speaker as I paint the back of the house.

Might have to put some cans on, the neighbours are obviously uneducated ?