A-Z vinyl collection

D

Deleted member 1147

Since I’m not an old man like most of you, I’ve not got the vinyl collection. But I’ll join you in playing some D’s from my collection, to start with:
Donavon’s Season of the Witch
Divine comedy’s National Express

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Been reading the sleeve notes as I go through them. Dave Clark was one shrewd cookie; Britain's first independent artist/producer, owning all his recordings & leasing them to major record companies for specific periods. Also produced one of the first music videos; bought the exclusive rights to "Ready Steady Go!"

And Michael McDonald co-wrote You Belong to Me with Carly Simon... by letter!

And Communique still sounds good 41 years on :eek:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Damn - there was me thinking I was almost there and up pops Duran Duran with Rio. (well...maybe...). Not quite back to drawing board - but back to the turntable to give it a spin...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only D's left in my collection are Dire Straits Brothers in Arms and Dvorak New World Symphony

So sticking with 'pop'rather than classical it has the be the former but I listen to latter a lot more.

Never was a great Doors fan except for just one track.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
As usual I am late to the party... Have been doing a bit of catch up with Bread, Chicago and Deep Purple... Still got a large amount of vinyl but, presently, nothing to play it on... Alexa has become a bit of a friend when it comes to listening to music...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not that difficult in the end, as much through having a rather limited selection of Ds to choose from.

Close run thing for 2nd place - with Ian Dury and the Blockheads with New Boots and Panties!! (1977) edging out Deacon Blue with when the world knows your name (1989) by a nose

But by a length my #1 D is Deep Purple with In Rock (1970)

Oh Sweet Child in Time and Flight of the Rat you are just so rock...

Last edited: