A Cunning Plan..........

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, so all courses are closed, No Golf for a while, and Practice Grounds around the country closed off too.......well at least mine is.
So,......when things do open up again, our Courses should be in pristine shape at least, as we are just entering the prime growing season, and hopefully like my own Club, your Groundstaff are still working too.

I've therefore decided that for the foreseeable future, the local Rugby Club immediately behind me, - now also closed and unused,.......can be my very own Practice Ground/ Range, to hone and fine tune my iron play for the next few weeks, so that when we all dash back onto the
fairways for the ineveitable first Medal or Qualifier event, I 'may' find my game and be in with a shout of an elusive early season cut/win/prize.
The Rugby Posts provide a nice little target to play through too............

Thats the strategy anyway...........:unsure::cool:

Golfman15

Visit site
Please no don’t do this (I assume you are not joking)
Firstly it sounds like trespassing on private land and highly likely if you are seen Police will be called
Secondly this is clearly outside current recommended exercise advise
If we keep trying cunning plans to beat the restriction, then it is clear the Government will not hesitate to stop us all from exercising
This is a pain for us all but we need to accept that we are all in the same boat.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok, so all courses are closed, No Golf for a while, and Practice Grounds around the country closed off too.......well at least mine is.
So,......when things do open up again, our Courses should be in pristine shape at least, as we are just entering the prime growing season, and hopefully like my own Club, your Groundstaff are still working too.

I've therefore decided that for the foreseeable future, the local Rugby Club immediately behind me, - now also closed and unused,.......can be my very own Practice Ground/ Range, to hone and fine tune my iron play for the next few weeks, so that when we all dash back onto the
fairways for the ineveitable first Medal or Qualifier event, I 'may' find my game and be in with a shout of an elusive early season cut/win/prize.

Got to be a wind up surely? Or a very late April fool? This doesn’t fit one of the five I’m afraid, do the right thing, and only leave the house for...
  • Shopping for basic necessities
  • One form of exercise a day
  • Medical need
  • To care for a vulnerable person
  • travelling to work only when absolutely necessary.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

This is what's wrong with the country and why we are now overtaking Spain and Italy. Don't be an idiot please then we can all go back to playing proper golf quicker.

D

Deleted member 17920

No just No.

So once this is over do you think it would be acceptable for the rugby club to come and practice on your clubs fairways and greens?

Nope, its there facilities not yours!

Stay away from them.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your course and it's associated practice facilities are closed so you can't use them, why do you think it's OK to use a rugby club's facilities when it is closed too? Why not just use your golf club's facilities???

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh for goodness sake guys, get a grip.

1. I'm not going to be shredding any pitches,......in fact, I'll be playing balls from adjacent to one of their storage sheds, its hardly what you'd call Twickenham like turf !
2. The ground is immediately adjacent to me, I dont have to travel at all.
3. I wouldnt go on if anyone else is on, which is not likely.
4. It 'would' count as my hour of daily exercise, IF I so choose.......and in reality, is a helluva lot safer to all than dodgimg anyone else also out walking locally !

I know most of the Board there so I doubt anyone would be calling the Police, I think the POlice would have bigger fish to fry.

In contrast to my plan, I've just been to get some shopping for my elderly mother, and walking round the local Sainsburys poses far greater risk to all of us, than whatever exercise we are doing, people lose all idea of 'social distancing'
with a feckin list in their hand.

This is what's wrong with the country and why we are now overtaking Spain and Italy. Don't be an idiot please then we can all go back to playing proper golf quicker.
We aren't......and its the idiots that choose to go for a Day Out to the Beach, or to the Park to sunbathe, that are causing the increases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

Oh for goodness sake guys, get a grip.

1. I'm not going to be shredding any pitches,......in fact, I'll be playing balls from adjacent to one of their storage sheds, its hardly what you'd call Twickenham like turf !
2. The ground is immediately adjacent to me, I dont have to travel at all.
3. I wouldnt go on if anyone else is on, which is not likely.
4. It 'would' count as my hour of daily exercise, IF I so choose.......

I know most of the board there so I doubt anyone would be calling the Police, I think the POlice would have bigger fish to fry.

In contrast to my plan, I've just been to get some shopping for my elderly mother, and walking round the local Sainsburys poses far greater risk to all of us, than whatever exercise we are doing, people lose all idea of 'social distancing'
with a feckin list in their hand.

We aren't......and its the idiots that choose to go a Day Out, or to the Park, that are causing the increases.
You actually don't see the error of your ways do you? I agree, you doing it in isolation won't cause a problem but others see you doing it and copy you. And it escalates and before you know it, the lockdown goes out the window and we can all kiss goodbye to getting back on the course this summer.

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You actually don't see the error of your ways do you? I agree, you doing it in isolation won't cause a problem but others see you doing it and copy you. And it escalates and before you know it, the lockdown goes out the window and we can all kiss goodbye to getting back on the course this summer.

Really ? Come on,.......... There really is more risk to society in general when we all 'go out for a walk' in our respective areas.
Anyway, clearly we arent gonna agree, so lets leave it there, I'll stick to dodging everyone else as I go for a walk

Leftitshort

Visit site
Sounds like you’ve made your mind up already? To me it sounds awfully selfish. It’s not exercise, it’s hitting a golf ball. If everyone did it we’d be screwed.
I could go down the practice ground at my club, it’s 5 mins walk away. But I won’t, as it’s neither exercise or essential
Don’t the rules apply to you?