A Cunning Plan..........

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What is the problem with one person going to an isolated park to sunbathe?
Because one person becomes two and two double and then doubles and doubles and soon you have a park full of people similar to the scenes we've seen over the weekend. The guidelines are there for everyone. Similar to the OP hitting balls at the rugby club. He might be smug enough to think the board won't grass him but if anyone else sees him there's no guarantee. The same as those still using club practice grounds. Silvermere even tweeted that they've had people on the course and had to call the police so plenty of idiots thinking they are a law unto themselves

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People (some) are viewing this permitted exercise as carte blanche to skirt the line between right and wrong. In isolation, you’re probably not going to spread the disease. However, those 2 kids in the back garden will see you and go out for a kick about the day after. And their mate will sneak out and join in, and another and another.

This hours exercise has only been given because the government are trying to Make it easier for people to stay in. Most people are staying in, some are popping out to walk the dog. Idiots are being selfish and having the ‘I’m alright Jack’ attitude.

It’s a stupid and brainless idea and you know that.

Chico84

Visit site
Daft idea for all the reasons already stated. Do like everyone else us to and stick to the rules, don’t try to be ‘clever’ and find loopholes. No one will respect you for it and more importantly you are putting lives at risk. Not to mention that if that were my rugby pitch I wouldn’t be best pleased having it chunked up by someone flouting the rules. Rugby pitches take enough of a battering as it is without someone hitting golf balls off them. You will ruin it for everyone.

sunshine

Visit site
Great idea.

Only problem is that rugby pitches generally have quite long grass, ok for practising out of the rough but not much else. I'd suggest mowing a section down the middle to fairway length, and then mow an area even closer at the end of the pitch. This could be your target area - mark it with a flag to help you. To help you practise different lies, you could consider digging out some of the turf and filling with sand to create sandpits, maybe get a rake to keep the sand smooth. Good luck!