95%

wjemather

Visit site
Surely in a cross-border match, course and playing handicaps are formulated by the rules of the country you're in? So same for everyone?
Yes indeed they are.

The anomaly is that some players (those with certain indices) receive a stroke more or less when playing in one country than they do in the other.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes indeed they are.

The anomaly is that some players (those with certain indices) receive a stroke more or less when playing in one country than they do in the other.
Does it really matter if they are only competing amongst each other?

tobywood

Visit site
Hi back to my original point I have plugged the figures into a spread sheet from hc 6 to 32 at .1 increments and put it into chart form, attached as jpg, and it shows 2 deviations one at around 11 and the other around 30. This is my point it produces some unfair results at these points. The first one is with rounding the figures twice the other taking 95% off with the initial playing calculation. Files attached if anyone would like a copy of the spread sheet I could try and post. Tobywood
hc spred s_html_1f8500a4.jpghc spred s_html_m77701ebf.jpg

wjemather

Visit site
Does it really matter if they are only competing amongst each other?
That depends on how you approach your golf, but I know enough people who may feel slightly aggrieved at conceding additional strokes for no justifiable reason.

Tobywood's charts clearly show the pre-rounding creates an uneven increase in PH as HI increases.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how many would welcome the opportunity to test their arithmetical skills by calculating 95% of a decimal value as opposed to 95% of an integer. :unsure:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder how many would welcome the opportunity to test their arithmetical skills by calculating 95% of a decimal value as opposed to 95% of an integer. :unsure:

Ditto to that comment

Players abilities to work things out can often be questionable. We have two courses and initially I had to correct a few players who had used the charts for the wrong course.

Swango1980

Visit site
I know several people who would be unable to calculate 95% of 100 in their head. One guy at the club is unable to divide by 10 in his head

tobywood

Visit site
It should be included into the list in the clubhouse seeing as the whole of England in every medal round has to use it.

wjemather

Visit site
There should be no requirement for manual calculations of any sort. Playing Handicap tables can easily be created for all allowances, but why are the various apps & websites from our ISVs and Unions not providing this basic functionality?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There should be no requirement for manual calculations of any sort. Playing Handicap tables can easily be created for all allowances, but why are the various apps & websites from our ISVs and Unions not providing this basic functionality?

Probably will be in the future.

I am of an age to remember when everybody had the charts and they were on a lot of scorecards we needed to work out 7/8ths and 7/16ths back then

e.g.
https://www.yourgolfsociety.com/media/society/1/downloads/9/1359998953.pdf

wjemather

Visit site
Probably will be in the future.

I am of an age to remember when everybody had the charts and they were on a lot of scorecards we needed to work out 7/8ths and 7/16ths back then

e.g.
https://www.yourgolfsociety.com/media/society/1/downloads/9/1359998953.pdf
Not sure why there should be any delay in having this functionality when it's pretty basic and the USGA's GHIN app has had it from the beginning.

Likewise. At this rate we'll need a new noticeboard for all the lookup charts!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At the (several) courses I played at in (Christchurch area of) New Zealand, charts/conversions were was in several places - Noticeboard; Pro Shop; 1st and 10th (or other 'starting point') Tee; Score Entry Computer area!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It should be included into the list in the clubhouse seeing as the whole of England in every medal round has to use it.
A very big notice or board. There would have to be multiple entries for each CH. Although a PSI entry terminal should show it

But what about other HA %ages