48 degree wedge?

Soco11

Club Champion
Visit site
Ping started this a while ago by advertising their longest set of irons, turned out their lofts were 2 degrees stronger, and everybody else followed suit!

Same story with the Callaway x-24 hots, found out their advertisement was to be the longest irons, but with research I found they were 2 degrees stronger than most other manufacturers!

I've seen Mizuno and Cleveland do 48 degree wedges which retail at about £90 (2011 models) otherwise 50 degree wedges are easier to come across and can be cranked at retailers

Hope this helps!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why not buy a stock 47 and have it adjusted?

Any old £15 ebay deal should secure.

I had mine taken up to 47 from 46 (or was it 48 from 47) to nicely fit yardage between 9 and 52/GW

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Why dont you just learn to hit your wedge different yardages.
Much more enjoyable and satisfying being creative with your wedges than just buying another one.

Mini rant over :)

Saying that Bob.

Would you say it's easier for a High Handicapper to hit different yardages with the same club (choking down the shaft) or hit full shots with a different wedge/club?

If I see 2 golfers (5 h/cap and 15 h/cap) about to hit a 60 yard shot, even before they've hit the shot I will know which is which.

If you practice the in-between shots, you will find it easier than hitting full shots.
It's like anything, the more you practice it the easier it becomes.
Those golfers who dont practice the 1/2, 3/4 swings but have 4 wedges only have 4 shots......one full swing for each wedge.
I can hit more than that with one wedge.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Why dont you just learn to hit your wedge different yardages.
Much more enjoyable and satisfying being creative with your wedges than just buying another one.

Mini rant over :)

Saying that Bob.

Would you say it's easier for a High Handicapper to hit different yardages with the same club (choking down the shaft) or hit full shots with a different wedge/club?

If I see 2 golfers (5 h/cap and 15 h/cap) about to hit a 60 yard shot, even before they've hit the shot I will know which is which.

If you practice the in-between shots, you will find it easier than hitting full shots.
It's like anything, the more you practice it the easier it becomes.
Those golfers who dont practice the 1/2, 3/4 swings but have 4 wedges only have 4 shots......one full swing for each wedge.
I can hit more than that with one wedge.

I see what you mean Bob. That's partly the reason I decided to keep 3 wedges instead of going to 4.