3 club wind

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well awoke this morning to find it a tad windy up here in Dundee, crossing the Tat Bridge was an experience as the limit was 30mph.

Anyway the wind was swirling so no real advantage on any hole to be had, the par 3 13 was 125 yards according to my Sky Caddy so a full blown 7 iron right into the wind, absolute quality.
It was great fun bumping 7-8 irons from 100 yards to keep it under the wind rather than the big high floater,actually was the best golf i'd played and the most fun on the course in a long time.

Did any one else play today and what were the conditions like ,bet they were'nt as stormy as up here in the North of Scotland.

T

thecraw

In the west we had the usual monsoon like conditions. Thankfully I had my 2 year old daughter for company all day and my mind didn't venture too far towards the golf course or lack of golf thereon!

Glad you enjoyed it. Its always good fun in blustery conditions Steve.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got my replacement bag today and had to christen it!
Only played 9. The rain was coming down sideways and I didn't "need" to be out there so after 9 I called it a day.
Not nice conditions, strongish gusty wind and pretty solid rain from the 4th onwards.
If it had been a comp I'd have stayed out no bother but I was playing for fun - and it wasn't!

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played nine holes today at Gifford with Neillbro and then retired to the clubhouse for pie and beans. Was getting three shots for the nine holes and we finished all square thanks to my holing a 20 footer on the last for a birdie. :)

Hard work into the wind though, but drove well and chipped and putted well too. :D

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got my replacement bag today and had to christen it!
Only played 9. The rain was coming down sideways and I didn't "need" to be out there so after 9 I called it a day.
Not nice conditions, strongish gusty wind and pretty solid rain from the 4th onwards.
If it had been a comp I'd have stayed out no bother but I was playing for fun - and it wasn't!

Sums up Cambs golf today as well! Plus I was cold despite the forecast for mild weather. Hit a basket on the range after 9 holes as my long game was dodgy on the course and then home for a hot drink (and to polish off the Cadbury Giant Buttons - they are to die for). House like a Chinese laundry again as I have a winter league match tomorrow so need it dry and ready to go.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
typical, my day off and i got up to high winds and p@@@@@g rain
still went up to club to get out the house and had a cuppa and a blether with the pro

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
played 4 holes before being told the course was shut by the owner. thought it was mighty quiet. got a bit of practice in though playing a few balls then hit a few at the range. got my fix :D

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree, hitting half shots are fantastic fun, I used to practice them a lot. I knew all my yardages for 7 iron downwards for half, 3/4 and full shots.

Wind has always been a challenge I adore when playing golf, rain is one I tolerate :D

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We've had similar conditions here as well,rain for most of the morning with winds gusting to 35 mph.I tee'd off at 2,luckily the rain had gone by then,but it was still blowing well.I had a great knock and enjoyed every minute of it.I love the challenge of playing in the wind,it certainly get the grey matter working when you have to manufacture shots.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the west we had the usual monsoon like conditions. Thankfully I had my 2 year old daughter for company all day and my mind didn't venture too far towards the golf course or lack of golf thereon!

Glad you enjoyed it. Its always good fun in blustery conditions Steve.

Always good spending times with the kids mate, was as wasn't as windy as the time you came thru tho.Course is playing really well just now bump and runs work no probs, i saw one guy using his putter from over 100 yards ,now thats something

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Always good spending times with the kids mate, was as wasn't as windy as the time you came thru tho.Course is playing really well just now bump and runs work no probs, i saw one guy using his putter from over 100 yards ,now thats something

Certainly is, I was told Scotscraig can get pretty wet in the winter, must hold it well if you can bump and run now

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly is, I was told Scotscraig can get pretty wet in the winter, must hold it well if you can bump and run now

You were told wrong mate,Scotscraig plays well in the winter, a bit wet on one hole last year but the drain was sorted at 16. Great winter course and ive played there for 12 years now.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You were told wrong mate,Scotscraig plays well in the winter, a bit wet on one hole last year but the drain was sorted at 16. Great winter course and ive played there for 12 years now.

I thought as much, it will be as dry as Drumoig and that's normally dry in the winter, I actually tinkered with distance membership but wouldn't play it enough to justify it I reckon.

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played the Eden Course up that way in similar conditions - one hole I hit an 8-iron 100y, 20min later I hit an 8-iron 180y!!! Good job I was striking well that day!!

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Now that day was windy ! 18th Green that day was a real hoot !