2024 US Open qualifying

evemccc

Visit site
This is the sort of pro golf I’d be keen to see!

Seriously elite golfers, on a course I have played and loved, with hopefully not too many others around, and free!

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the sort of pro golf I’d be keen to see!

Seriously elite golfers, on a course I have played and loved, with hopefully not too many others around, and free!
We've got tickets for Saturday and Sunday at Pinehurst, I played No. 2 a few years ago, admittedly not off the same tee's lol, so really looking forward to seeing elite golfers play there.

sunshine

Visit site
This is only 5 days away, and I can't find any mention of it anywhere online (apart from the brief info pasted above from Walton Heath's website).

Does anybody have a link to more details? E.g. spectator access, timings, parking arrangements, etc.

Weather looks decent so I'm keen to go. Thanks

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
This is only 5 days away, and I can't find any mention of it anywhere online (apart from the brief info pasted above from Walton Heath's website).

Does anybody have a link to more details? E.g. spectator access, timings, parking arrangements, etc.

I haven’t looked this year, but when I went last year parking was well signposted. As for access from the car park it is signed to the course and you can pretty much go wherever you like.

sunshine

Visit site

Late follow up...

I went to qualifying last Monday. It was fantastic. Small crowds, no ropes, could just stroll down the fairway following groups.

Walton Heath was great for spectating: the two courses are entwined on the same piece of land, so everywhere I turned was a hole with some action. Sounds like a swingers party but the wide open views made it easy navigate.

Followed some of the bigger names like Manasero, Molinari, Rock. But actually the player I enjoyed watching most was Nacho Elvira, who was playing quite aggressively and making lots of birdies... and also bogeys from driving into the heather. Great to listen in to his animated conversations with his caddie (I speak Spanish), and also amusing that he was able to swear loudly at every bad shot but nobody batted an eyelid because it was in Spanish. Not surprised he won the following week. No heather in Belgium.

An excellent day - highly recommended.