2022 Professional golf thread

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rory should have won this by 5 and paid my golf fees for next year.
He did an interview recently where he said he felt he was the best player in the world.
I believed him,however he’s clearly not.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Rory should have won this by 5 and paid my golf fees for next year.
He did an interview recently where he said he felt he was the best player in the world.
I believed him,however he’s clearly not.

If he’s not. The list of those better than him is very very small.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If he’s not. The list of those better than him is very very small.
Its no more than 20 golfers I'd say. He is in the top three for top 10 finishes, but while that is useful for measuring world rankings and money list races, some regard the best, those who win. And Rory is about 20th on that criteria. His game tanks whenever winning is in the mix. When its not, and a top 10 is there to go for, there is probably no better golfer in the world.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Got to say, I'm not sure what it is - perhaps the guys in contention, maybe the course just doesn't suit my eye, maybe the relatively flat crowd? but I'm not feeling this "major" Sunday. It just doesn't feel like a Major to me, right now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Its no more than 20 golfers I'd say. He is in the top three for top 10 finishes, but while that is useful for measuring world rankings and money list races, some regard the best, those who win. And Rory is about 20th on that criteria. His game tanks whenever winning is in the mix. When its not, and a top 10 is there to go for, there is probably no better golfer in the world.
Out of all the current active players there is only one golfer who has won more events on the PGA Tour than Rory - Dustin Johnson - and in that same period Rory has won double the amount of majors

He may not win this but 20th best in the world ?!? Christ that’s just complete nonsense

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got to say, I'm not sure what it is - perhaps the guys in contention, maybe the course just doesn't suit my eye, maybe the relatively flat crowd? but I'm not feeling this "major" Sunday. It just doesn't feel like a Major to me, right now.
All of those plus the fact that most of them seem to be trying not to win it. Thomas is now somehow in contention and he's not exactly had a stormer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel for Pereira, he must be feeling horrible right now. But from a selfish perspective, Thomas is a proper major winner, and even Zalatoris is a lad who's been really impressive for a while, so I'm happier with either of them winning it than some feller I've never heard of before. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel for Pereira, he must be feeling horrible right now. But from a selfish perspective, Thomas is a proper major winner, and even Zalatoris is a lad who's been really impressive for a while, so I'm happier with either of them winning it than some feller I've never heard of before. :LOL:

Don't feel sorry for him after that drop back into the fairway when in the rough on the "path"

Well played JT

tobybarker

Visit site
You hadnt heard of zalatoris a year ago