2019 Cricket

sussexhacker

Visit site
The Hundred now delayed to next year.. result
They could have scrapped it altogether but this will do for now

On a purely selfish note as much as I think it’s a stupid idea and not good for domestic cricket I was looking forward to my “local franchise” putting out archer, russell, Warner, Khan, vince, pope and Jordan

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
which one was this?

Have you seen Warne and Rashid Khan do a session in Melborne.. Rashid is mental
which one was this?

Have you seen Warne and Rashid Khan do a session in Melborne.. Rashid is mental
it was a Vlog on Tues/Wednesday he was picking his best side and Nasser his of the people they played with and against.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very strange but I wouldn’t begrudge anyone getting out the way of arguably the fastest bowler of all time for a friendly game

He was quick, but hardly accurate.. Rawalpindi Express constantly running out of steam...
I thought Brett Lee, Wasim and Waqar more dangerous.... W&W's ability to reverse swing at will was lethal

www.hiltonpark.net
I worked at Trent Bridge for 3 years and was there for the 99 World Cup. It was an eye opener watching teams like SA and Pakistan practicing and the wheels on the quicks was something else and I'd played a decent standard myself. Shoaib Akhtar's pace was insane though. That extra 4-6mph when everything clicked was insane.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I worked at Trent Bridge for 3 years and was there for the 99 World Cup. It was an eye opener watching teams like SA and Pakistan practicing and the wheels on the quicks was something else and I'd played a decent standard myself. Shoaib Akhtar's pace was insane though. That extra 4-6mph when everything clicked was insane.

i was at an IPL match couple of years ago. There was a virtual reality stall where you could bat. Sensors on helmet and bat. I chose to face Brett Lee. As i looked thru the visor, all i saw was BL running in and doing some hand gesture. Never saw the ball hit the stump. Then you see the likes of Kohli, Smith, Stokes make it so easy and pre-planned. Super humans

www.hiltonpark.net
i was at an IPL match couple of years ago. There was a virtual reality stall where you could bat. Sensors on helmet and bat. I chose to face Brett Lee. As i looked thru the visor, all i saw was BL running in and doing some hand gesture. Never saw the ball hit the stump. Then you see the likes of Kohli, Smith, Stokes make it so easy and pre-planned. Super humans
I used to have bowling machine set to early 80's but you always knew where the ball was coming and that's a pedestrian pace for top players. Set it to bowl a 96mph bumper after seeing Shoaib, I never even saw it. Facing faster bowlers certainly rapidly teaches you to watch the ball all the way through the run up rather than.off the pitch

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I used to have bowling machine set to early 80's but you always knew where the ball was coming and that's a pedestrian pace for top players. Set it to bowl a 96mph bumper after seeing Shoaib, I never even saw it. Facing faster bowlers certainly rapidly teaches you to watch the ball all the way through the run up rather than.off the pitch

I always preferred facing quick bowlers when I played.
As an opener the worst things was when the opposition opened the bowling with a bloody spinner

www.hiltonpark.net
I always preferred facing quick bowlers when I played.
As an opener the worst things was when the opposition opened the bowling with a bloody spinner
I opened as well and preferred a proper quick, within reason, and hated the dibbly dobbler nagging length type bowler. Guaranteed to hole out or head to go up and get clean bowled with only the bails falling off because they're that bloody slow

sussexhacker

Visit site
I know everyone has different reaction times but I’ve never understood how some guys can literally make 85mph bowling look slow when I can’t see it when I’ve been stupid and put the bowling machine up to 80

www.hiltonpark.net
I know everyone has different reaction times but I’ve never understood how some guys can literally make 85mph bowling look slow when I can’t see it when I’ve been stupid and put the bowling machine up to 80
Bowling machines are harder though because there's no gather like you get in a bowling action but I do agree it is crazy watching a test batsmen getting a good stride forward defence shot to an 85mph bowler

sussexhacker

Visit site
Bowling machines are harder though because there's no gather like you get in a bowling action but I do agree it is crazy watching a test batsmen getting a good stride forward defence shot to an 85mph bowler
But it’s not like they can’t get strides in to archer or starc when they’re bowling 95 mph
I’d like to see how fast it would have to get before the best batsmen in the world struggled to see it and play a shot