2019 Cricket

D

Deleted member 15344

My take on the Hales situation:

1.) England winning the World Cup means they can comment from a position of strength. Had they not won the WC then more questions may be asked about Hales' absence.
2.) Morgan's sanctimony over the whole saga is rather nauseous. Players such as Shane Warne and Ian Botham have returned to their respective teams in the past after drugs issues after all.
3.) Whatever the actual truth about the Stokes saga, the rapid return of him to the team afterward does make the reaction to Hales rather hypocritical.
4.) England may be the world champs at 50 over cricket but they are mediocre at T20 cricket which is where Hales will be missed most. In that respect they are the reverse of the West Indies.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/team-rankings/t20i

Im confuses at the last point ?

We are second the rankings for T20 and haven’t lost a T20 series for a couple years beating - Sri Lanka , SA , Windies , India and a drawn series with NZ plus one off win against Aus

Sorry but I don’t see how England can be mediocre when the results don’t show that

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This sums up what cricket is facing in some circles currently!!!

Saj Sadiq @Saj_PakPassion

Suspicions have arisen with regard to an alleged tournament called the Uva Premier League T20 in Sri Lanka. Live scorecards were recently being shown online, but inquiries revealed that no matches had actually taken place and it was a scam by Indian bookies #Cricket

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Superb #BLM message on Sky Cricket this morning. Ebony and Mikey absolutely smashed it, so powerfully delivered, emotional words. Mikey's words after the piece were so powerful, great stuff.

Hopefully the weather will clear up soon and we'll get some cricket.
A lot of respect for Holding as a player and legend.. listening him say those words.. truely touches a nerve

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Familar wobble at the top of the order.. how reassuringly English.. normal services have resumed. Gabriel has been doing well.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The extra review been interesting I think, not convinced they review the Burns one without the extra one in hand.

Would certainly have Paine not Holder requesting the reviews tho lol

www.hiltonpark.net
Holder is a nightmare of a bowler to face in these conditions. Very accurate with subtle changes in line and length, good bounce and gets just enough nibble. You have to disrupt his length because when he dials in it's impossible to score off him.