2019 Cricket

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Posting this ready for when England bowl too short and the pitch looks flat as a pancake and they wonder why they're not getting wickets.

When the Windies come out to bat tomorrow the weather would have changed and the sun would be out, ball wont move around... it will be a caribbean summer.

The clever plan from England is to get out quickly and put the Windies in today... that way they get some of this gloomy condition. Who says we dont have a plan???

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It is just me, but I cannot get interested in this... in fact all the no-spectators sports

watched plenty of cricket in front of little crowds over the years, seems fine to me :)

Eng had a fair chunk of luck here, albeit the WI complicit especially with the 2nd Stokes drop

over rate no better despite no distractions either :(

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm just enjoying sport being back personally, loving having live Test Cricket back on TV.

That is a beauty from Holder. He's so good. Another England batsman playing across the line though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm just enjoying sport being back personally, loving having live Test Cricket back on TV.

That is a beauty from Holder. He's so good. Another England batsman playing across the line though.
I've been busy today at work so have not followed it. What will be a good score do you reckon?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jofra looked a walking LBW before Holder eventually pinned him, falling away, weight going to his right and playing across his pads. Was a matter of time. Not been convinced by Jofra as an international batsman whatsoever. Amazing he has a FC average over 25.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Holder been utterly superb, slight feeling England might wish they had Broad in the attack having watched this (albeit not much batting in the WI top order)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Holder been utterly superb, slight feeling England might wish they had Broad in the attack having watched this (albeit not much batting in the WI top order)

I dont think this West Indies attack gets the credit it deserves. Too many seem intent on scoffing that they are not as good as the legendary attacks from the 70's / 80's but they are still a very fine unit. They seem to put a lot of thought into what they bowl and to whom.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dont think this West Indies attack gets the credit it deserves. Too many seem intent on scoffing that they are not as good as the legendary attacks from the 70's / 80's but they are still a very fine unit. They seem to put a lot of thought into what they bowl and to whom.

ridiculous comparing them to that generation, or even Walsh/Ambrose etc

very genuine attack, maybe 1 short of having a "fearsome foursome", still far from convinced by Joseph but the longer they bowl sides out cheaply the more people will realise

Holders form (bat, ball and leadership) the last few years been exceptional and massively underrated by most in the cricket world, if he was doing this for Eng/Aus/Ind then he'd be the best player in the world ;)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ridiculous comparing them to that generation, or even Walsh/Ambrose etc

very genuine attack, maybe 1 short of having a "fearsome foursome", still far from convinced by Joseph but the longer they bowl sides put cheaply the more people will realise

Holders form (bat, ball and leadership) the last few years been exceptional and massively underrated by most in the cricket world, if he was doing this for Eng/Aus/Ind then he'd be the best player in the world ;)

Indeed and if they were playing for any other team than the West Indies then the attack would be lauded rather than compared to a generation of players for whom they are highly unlikely to be able to match.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
7 windies gone.. there is a bit of me saying that they would want to get some quick runs and put England in tonight. Tired bodies and a half decent lead on Day 3... maybe declare and get an hour of England