2017 Open Championship

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Nice to take some money off the bookies, especially off Mr Brazil.

Had Rafa as top European & e/w along with Alex Noren so got 3 decent returns 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fantastic afternoon of viewing. What a fantastic effort by Spieth to dig deep and come back and what an effort by Kuchar. Both were magnificent in their post match interviews, Spieth being humble in victory and Kuchar being magnanimous in defeat

D

Deleted member 15344

At Quail Hollow a course that McIlory likes and with thick rough not far from the fairway ?

With Spieth driving being as inconsistent as McIlroy putting then my money would be on McIlroy because think he would get more birdie chances

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At Quail Hollow a course that McIlory likes and with thick rough not far from the fairway ?

With Spieth driving being as inconsistent as McIlroy putting then my money would be on McIlroy because think he would get more birdie chances

So how much for H4H you or any of the others who think McIlroy is going to win the USPGA want to have on McIlroy finishing below Spieth. I can't see Rory with the state of his game at the moment challenging and his putting isn't good enough to convert birdie chances

Last edited:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

McIlroy may hit more fairways, but not as many more than Spieth as you'd think. But his wedges aren't good at the moment and he misses more greens than Spieth does, and doesn't putt as well

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
McIlroy may hit more fairways, but not as many more than Spieth as you'd think. But his wedges aren't good at the moment and he misses more greens than Spieth does, and doesn't putt as well

Frustratingly, he can't seem to string 4 decent rounds together. How many times has he managed a top 5 or 10 finish in an event that he never actually challenged to win? This week was another example.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Did you just have a blackout all week when Rory was teeing off.....??
Or selected memory??

Jeez
The guy sprayed it off the tee as bad as anybody
Lost ball 🤔

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Frustratingly, he can't seem to string 4 decent rounds together. How many times has he managed a top 5 or 10 finish in an event that he never actually challenged to win? This week was another example.

In his own words, he always plays himself out of it by throwing in 9 bad holes

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just caught up on the presentation and whoever said it was spot on, what a great speech from such a young man. Respectful and clearly grateful for his position.
Thought Kuch was going to shed a tear when Spieth thanked him for waiting with grace on 13.

D

Deleted member 16999

Neither of them are perfect and neither will dominate the sport, but they'll both win more majors imo, I just find it odd the discussion becomes a Rory v Jordan when there is so much to admire about them both and so many more great golfers out there.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
According to the Open website, Spieth hit 2 less fairways than McIlroy, but 8 more greens.

I don't think I need to look up the putting or scrambling stats.