2017 Golf- Scotland

nickyj4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
surely Nairns greens had been dug up when you went?... the graden usually makes no difference, but some bright spark thought it was good idea to use the fairway spiking machine on most of them and they have been ripped apart
Yeah they were pretty terrible, the greens at the other three were pretty good. I didnt really enjoy Nairn but I think that was just down to my mood that day :eek:ne:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah they were pretty terrible, the greens at the other three were pretty good. I didnt really enjoy Nairn but I think that was just down to my mood that day :eek:ne:

Craw or Jacko what ever he's calling himself these days will be along in a moment to say its overrated anyway:rofl:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd take the Glen out and put in gullane 1.

And Mar hall I'd probably give that a miss and play Erskine that's next door !

Gullane 1 is a lot of money in the summer. I think Gullane 2 is every bit as good.
You can get a 2 and 3 day ticket for a good price.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I payed Gullane #1 on Tuesday and it played a lot easier than in the summer. The rough is really down and the fairways the widest I've ever seen them. It's the first time I've played it and never lost a ball! Fantastic course and much better than #2.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I just played gullane 1 on Sunday there. Was brilliant. Played no.3 a few years ago and was decent.

Looking at his list of courses to play I don't think money is an issue

I;m not sure these are particularly expensive, most can be played quite reasonably as a one off. Its Only the old course that; you are prob faced with full whack.
fair few guys on here are members for most of the clubs named, with the exception of maybe Trump, Muirfield and the old course and then you can get SGU times at Muirfield if you are lucky enough

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
It's only when you start a conversation like this you realise how good we have it here in Scotland.

I managed to tick off the Old Course this year alongside a number of other very good courses and fully intend to play a few more next year.

I'm happy to have you or anyone along at Leven if it allows you to tick it off the list.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Visited Scotland to play golf for the first time this year, played Spey Valley, Carrbridge, Nethy and Boat, absolutely loved it, the scenery was stunning, especially the back 9 at Spey. We was lucky with the weather too!

Surprisingly my favorite was Carrbridge, Just a perfect little course and exceptionally friendly people. Shame its such a long drive (11 hrs!) :(

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, a few others to consider in there.

While there are some premiums in the list unfortunately it's not a case of money nor being an issue. It's a shortlist at the minute which I hope to do through opens depending on the schedules. There are some that won't have opens but my plan is to pick a few off as I go. If I get through a quarter of them I'll be delighted!