2020 seniors golf , Scotland.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf in Scotland have a great deal going next year, 4 rounds individual stableford, all 4 rounds count and are official qualifiers.
Play any 3 courses yellow tees from the following 6,
Ladybank gc April 9th,
St Andrews Fairmont gc May 12th,
Cardross gc June 4th,
Auchterarder gc July 16th,
Lanark gc August 4th,
Stirling gc Sept 12th .
The final round to be played at the Queens course Gleneagles Sept 29th .
Cost £155 , there's a few spaces left.
email Gary@golfinscotland.co.uk. or see the Golf Scotland facebook page .

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site
That company must be making some serious money. They sold out their series with over 500 entries and looking at their site they have already sold out a few venues. They pay the hosting club "x" amount for the day and a few bob on prizes and the rest seems like cash in the bank. I recall hearing one of them saying to our pro how they made easy money with the nearest the pin prizes.

I suspect Scottish Golf aren't overly keen on them being around.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
That company must be making some serious money. They sold out their series with over 500 entries and looking at their site they have already sold out a few venues. They pay the hosting club "x" amount for the day and a few bob on prizes and the rest seems like cash in the bank. I recall hearing one of them saying to our pro how they made easy money with the nearest the pin prizes.

I suspect Scottish Golf aren't overly keen on them being around.
I thought it was the other way round for Texas scrambles etc, the club pays them a set amount and needs to attract enough players to cover the fee. Golf Scotland do advertise all the events and most get a good turn out.
1 of our guys was in the team that won last year , the prize was a trip to Augusta Masters :eek::D.

User20204

Visit site
My understanding is, they (GIS) pay the club for the hire of the course, then charge whatever they wish in entry fee, whatever that may be for whatever competition they are holding.

A Texas scramble for example would attract around 50 teams @£80 a team = £4000, I doubt they are paying a club that much for a days hire, at a guess I'd say half of that though I really have no idea how much.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My understanding is, they (GIS) pay the club for the hire of the course, then charge whatever they wish in entry fee, whatever that may be for whatever competition they are holding.

A Texas scramble for example would attract around 50 teams @£80 a team = £4000, I doubt they are paying a club that much for a days hire, at a guess I'd say half of that though I really have no idea how much.
I was told a few years ago they wanted a club to pay them a £1000 upfront, GS would be there to run the comp and provide prizes .
But all entries went though the club and entry fees paid directly to the club concerned.
Obviously this wouldn't be the case at upmarket clubs.
Edit , this was £60 for a team of 4, club needed to have at least 17 teams to clear their feet.

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site
May be different clubs have a different set up depending on the marketing of a particular club. One thing for sure is they are attracting a lot of numbers.

Ignoring a Texas Scramble and take one of their singles events, They have sold out already for Ladybank, if they have a field of 200 paying say £35 a head, that's 7 grand per event times 13 events, that's a lot of dosh they are bringing in, granted getting Trump Aberdeen for 6 days won't be cheap but they will be guaranteeing them "x" amount of income for those 6 days.

In regards a club paying them, I heard clubs pay them to advertise on their FB page, not sure what the cost is but it may be £1000.

Nice lads that run it, always very friendly and they have built up their brand well.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A couple of smart cookies who have made money out of "free advertising"!

Give us X and a 4 ball and we'll advertise you (for free) on Facebook!! Now evolved into a Tour. Again all advertising is free on Facebook and word of mouth.

Not a bad business model.