148th Open Championship

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Banter is calling people out now?

Never once had Phil as a snowflake, gives as good as he gets then some.

My goodness didn't realise how seriously people took "the internet".

I'm not getting involved in the pettyness of it all - may be I should have said quoting him rather than calling him out.

Carry on the bantzzz.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you even bother to read the two posts I replied with both posters calling me out and going on about Woods 🤦‍♂️🙄. Anyway back to the golfer and not posters

I did, but I also saw and read your post, and it was your post I decided to reply to. Did Tiger ever get in touch regarding his driving problems by the way?

Duval doing his best to make Rory's first hole look respectable :D

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I did, but I also saw and read your post, and it was your post I decided to reply to. Did Tiger ever get in touch regarding his driving problems by the way?

Duval doing his best to make Rory's first hole look respectable :D
Horrendous start by rory, compounds one mistake after another, hits it oOB then still pulls second tee ball into heavy rough and tries to bite off more than he can chew with his 4th and is forced to take a drop. That is poor. He would have been nervous but his decision making was very poor on at least 3 of the 8 shots he played on that hole. Fast forward to the 3rd hole and he fires one over the green shooting for a back flag downwind, again poor course management. Danger for him is he is so many over par he is going to start going for shots and taking the odd risk which could make things alot worse.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope Rory pulls it back some, I think if he can get himself back to around level-ish, he could move on up from there.

Good to see GMAC doing well too :) And Garcia, be great if he has another good major.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on Rory. Big back-nine, get it back to a respectable number, as close to level as possible and make a score tomorrow. Average first round score of the last 10 Open winners has been 67, so would be below that, but shoot level and he's not totally out of it.

Interestingly the last 20 winners have been within 5 of the leader after day 1, so needs to get there if possible.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
while watching Darren this morning, the wife did make and interesting point.

"Thats one question answered" she said..

what was that then???

"who ate all the pies":LOL:

Wolf

Visit site
Good to see Gmac starting well. Also nice to see Russell Knox up there as well he goes under the radar quite often but decent player.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good to see Gmac starting well. Also nice to see Russell Knox up there as well he goes under the radar quite often but decent player.

A few guys i play with know him quite well as he was a member and Nairn Dunbar, reckon he could be up there if the wind and rain gets up;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, Webb Simpson -5 with no bogeys until he bogeyed the 17th and 18th to finish -3. That'll sting a little bit. Lowry still the clubhouse leader.