148th Open Championship

D

Deleted Member 1156

Did you see the spotters trying to find Rory's ball on the 5th. The cabbage is wild. In a major, with what's at stake what would you say was reasonable? The problem is the people later taking more time than 4.5 hours. To be honest the pros can take all day if they want. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. However some people take it as a personal insult if they dare to take their time to read things correctly.
Well considering they only get 3 minutes to look for a ball and at this level they shouldn't be looking for too many, I think the first group was too slow.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Looked like a good bit of convenient gardening had been done round Rors ball there. No way was the grass that flat all round it when it went into that cabbage!!!

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Well considering they only get 3 minutes to look for a ball and at this level they shouldn't be looking for too many, I think the first group was too slow.

Fair enough. Not sure I'd be comfortable playing with you lot. I don't walk fast enough, or I fanny about too much 😁.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Have to say that looked very suspicious.

Home fans helping out.

There were no fans anywhere near the ball. They must have switched off the cameras and the spotters went at it with their shears.

Having said that his second shot was superb, considering it was embedded into a dune. How did he identify it?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That's Darren Clark just hit to the green on the 18th. Just over 4.5 hours. Where do the delays (and moans about pros being slow) come from? I'd say that's a reasonable amount of time for a round in a major. Is Rory holding up the field looking for his balls?

TBH i think they should have been round quicker than that, what chance does anyone have behind, maybe Darren should be last tomorrow;)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
🙄 what a sad pair you are

Pro golfer doesn’t play well and hackers laugh about it - I’m pretty sure I can guess who looks worse

I’m sure the multiple major winner will get in touch with you both soon to give him advice

And I'm sure you've never done the same when Tiger's having a bad round.......

Apparently Rors drive on the first hit a girl on the leg and broke her phone in her pocket. Oops.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
🙄 what a sad pair you are

Pro golfer doesn’t play well and hackers laugh about it - I’m pretty sure I can guess who looks worse

I’m sure the multiple major winner will get in touch with you both soon to give him advice

Jeez chill out Phil,if it was Tiger we’d be hearing

“Blimey that’s not an ideal start”
From you 👍🏻