148th Open Championship

D

Deleted member 3432

Yes for weather.
I did wonder if an official had a word yesterday as he seemed to speed up a little over the last 3 or 4 holes.

Waste of time having a word with them, a few 2 shot penalties is the rocket up their backside they need.

Not watched any pro golf for years but interested if anyone has played ready golf while the likes of JB is ****ing around?

Wolf

Visit site
Waste of time having a word with them, a few 2 shot penalties is the rocket up their backside they need.

Not watched any pro golf for years but interested if anyone has played ready golf while the likes of JB is ****ing around?
Adam Scott did at the Genesis, JB was dicking about so Scott played, made no difference as JB won.

I see fast playing Koepka is paired with JB today, could be the end of his aspirations.

End of JB perhaps not Brooks. He's already openly stated what he does and will do when playing slowly and I'd reckon he's mentally strong enough not to be bothered by JB

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Not sure, but the text comms I’m following have just said Sergio has played ahead of Cantlay, so presumably it does happen occasionally.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so me and Mrs Hogie avoided all news from The Open so that we could watch the highlights on the Beeb at 8pm. Just brilliant by Lowry and Fleetwood - and also what a finish also by Rose - with Holmes and Koepka still well in the mix. We're heading out for a walk this afternoon and so would be missing it live anyway. Looking forward to a very exciting couple of hours viewing this evening. Great also to see the lad from Oban having done so well. I might hate my own golf at the moment - but loving the golf the big boys play.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So Koepka's out of it having bogeyed the first 3. Fleetwood possibly blown it on the first? Hole the birdie putt, pressure Lowry with his bogey putt, the lead is halved if Fleetwood holes or reduced to one if Lowry then misses, instead it's only one shot dropped as Fleetwood misses & Lowry holes to keep the lead at 3.

And Twitter won't be impressed by Fowler's response. :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What the hell is going on with Brooks?? Expecting him to come out and make a charge and he's hacking it all over the place. He's about to bogey the 4th as well if he's not careful. Christ.