148th Open Championship

D

Deleted member 15344

Am I the only one who's loving this?
It's not being handed to him ............................ he's going out and winning this.

Nope you’re not the only one - this is brilliant so far 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get in touch with finau!!!! He has a waterproof with a hood 😂
I actually got one in the end, although not a golf one. It's a New Balance one found in TK Maxx. The hood is snug enough that it doesn't quite obscure my vision when swinging, particularly when I still have my cap on beneath it. (y)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's not being handed to him ............................ he's going out and winning this.

Rest are imploding, no pressure being applied to Lowry however that said you can only beat what is put in your way, so far its nothing. He has been the best golfer this week so far and that is all that he can be.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair play to Lowry, a closer challenger would have been nice though. Nothing really materialised. Most golfers are in the same position they started.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Absolute joke, has Fleetwood even hit a fairway. Dreadful final round from him. Rose is shanking, Brooks is chopping, Westwood is back to missing short putts, Fowler is falling, JB has blown up.

This is such an anti-climax.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Got the same 55/1 each way on Sky Bet, slightly lower odds because they pay 10 places, you could have got higher odds for an outright win. What odds should he have been?? The way it's gone the first 3 days I'm happy with 55/1. He's world number 33, been in decent form lately with 2 top 3's and a top 10 in his last 5 events, will feel comfortable on home soil with good support from the crowd, I thought he was a decent each way at that price.

I got 70/1, think 90 was available outright on exchange. Big difference between 50 or 55 and 70 even at small bets.

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolute joke, has Fleetwood even hit a fairway. Dreadful final round from him. Rose is shanking, Brooks is chopping, Westwood is back to missing short putts, Fowler is falling, JB has blown up.

This is such an anti-climax.

You seem to be taking away a lot from Lowry who is playing very well - it’s quite clearly very tough conditions and Lowry is playing superb - he is winning this not being given it

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You seem to be taking away a lot from Lowry who is playing very well - it’s quite clearly very tough conditions and Lowry is playing superb - he is winning this not being given it

Not taking anything away from Lowry at all, already stated that in a previous post. However he has a six shot lead due to others faltering. It has been "dreadful" from the chasing pack making Lowry's job so much easier.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not taking anything away from Lowry at all, already stated that in a previous post. However he has a six shot lead due to others faltering. It has been "dreadful" from the chasing pack making Lowry's job so much easier.

I’m just enjoyed some players hacking it around and struggling in very testing conditions - this is the real test of the Open and want makes it unique , not tricking the greens up and making them like glass , no silly pins just using the natural elements - the way golf should be

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Top 8.

Top 10 is a con with the bookies that offer it. Sky, PP and BFSB have bad odds anyway and take the mick when they extend to 10.

Sounds good but the odds they offer on it are embarrassing.

I agree they cut em harshly. But getting place money at 200/1 is better than getting no money at 300/1.

Its not like they hold a gun to your head. People choose the odds they find acceptable.