148th Open Championship

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I agree they cut em harshly. But getting place money at 200/1 is better than getting no money at 300/1.

Its not like they hold a gun to your head. People choose the odds they find acceptable.

Last sentence is what should happen, I completely agree.

But I genuinely think for 90%+ of punters that's not the case. They just see 'top 10' and don't compare v the market or think about value at all, just pick a few they like.

That's fine, but plays massively into those marketing companies disguised as bookies hands.

Pays to shop around 👍🏻

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

But I genuinely think for 90%+ of punters that's not the case. They just see 'top 10' and don't compare v the market or think about value at all, just pick a few they like.

That's fine, but plays massively into those marketing companies disguised as bookies hands.

Pays to shop around 👍🏻

Shopping around is overrated and a slippery slope

Means you need multiple accounts with different firms to take advantage

More temptation for those who can’t always control themselves

I deleted all but one app from my phone. Set a limit of £10 per major and stick to the one company

Shopping around yeah I might have a chance of an extra £20 or something but could mean I have many bets in different places with min top ups per account

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Pays to shop around 👍🏻

I think that's true for pretty much all those that simply have a flutter at majors or big events such as the national.

Oddschecher should be everyone's go to imo.

***I'm not employed by oddschecker***😁

D

Deleted member 15344

JB is now 10 over par today 😲😲 😂😂

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Shopping around is overrated and a slippery slope

Means you need multiple accounts with different firms to take advantage

More temptation for those who can’t always control themselves

I deleted all but one app from my phone. Set a limit of £10 per major and stick to the one company

Shopping around yeah I might have a chance of an extra £20 or something but could mean I have many bets in different places with min top ups per account

Weird post. Makes no sense. Why would having more than 1 account make you bet more?

Rather than 5 bets with 1 bookie I've got 1 with 5.

If you take time to look at best prices you lose impulse. Stuck in 1 app and its quicker to spend money.

Sounds like you've battled a bit of a problem which isnt good. If not I apologise but if so I hope you get the help you need.

No need to bet to enjoy things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weird post. Makes no sense. Why would having more than 1 account make you bet more?

Rather than 5 bets with 1 bookie I've got 1 with 5.

If you take time to look at best prices you lose impulse. Stuck in 1 app and its quicker to spend money.

Sounds like you've battled a bit of a problem which isnt good. If not I apologise but if so I hope you get the help you need.

No need to bet to enjoy things.

I personally haven’t but know a few who have

I found if I had 3 accounts I just bet with football on one, golf on another

Was just silly.

Stick with one, top it up, bet. Spend the winnings or write off the loss

We do a both teams to score every Saturday at work, £2 each in. Whoever’s taking the bet uses whatever account their with no shopping around, waste of time over a few quid

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think that's true for pretty much all those that simply have a flutter at majors or big events such as the national.

Oddschecher should be everyone's go to imo.

***I'm not employed by oddschecker***😁

I just need a couple of the leaders to drop and my 350/1ew on Macintyre cashes too.

Only £2ew so £150, but I saw him as short as 200/1 and that's a huge difference.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bet on the 4 majors. That is it. I bet from one account. I don't give a stuff what I win, as it just validates my choice, it adds a bit of interest come Sunday. I am massively up, year on year. This does not mean I am any good at it, as it is a very small sample.

I forgot to bet on the us open, mainly because it was on at a rubbish time for me as I was working 12 hour days so couldn’t stay up and watch.

Bet on the other 3 £10 limit

Tiger at the masters
Brooks at the pga
Lowry at the open (fingers crossed)

Got a couple places

Think I turned the £10 into £50,35 and potentially £70

U

User62651

Great for Lowry and Ireland but not much of a watch tbh, he killed the tournament off yesterday, we need a back 9 contest on a major Sunday but instead we have a procession. Oh well.

That 14th was like watching 2 twelve handicappers play it.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great for Lowry and Ireland but not much of a watch tbh, he killed the tournament off yesterday, we need a back 9 contest on a major Sunday but instead we have a procession. Oh well.

That 14th was like watching 2 twelve handicappers play it.:confused:
That’s an insult to 12 handicappers!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lowry has handled today superbly and will thoroughly deserve his first major victory in 3 holes time when he clinches the Claret Jug.

Agree, however purely from a spectator point of view I'd have preferred a "battle" or at least a challenge. No doubt his golf has been better than anyone else all tournament.