148th Open Championship

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a time to shoot the new course record. That putt on 18 had a look too. All depends on how much pressure Lowry feels tomorrow but if he can make a par and early birdie he could win this by a large margin. Drop a couple early especially given the forecast, and it could be a nervy afternoon. What an afternoon of viewing though. Not sure I can see past Rose and Holmes at -9 as challengers as I can't see anyone going low

Pin-seeker

Visit site
How good is Lowry playing - wonderful ball striking and the cloud are loving it. Happy to see slow coach drift away - someone timed him and he is taking a minute from the time he pulls a club out of the bag
Admit it Phil,you had your stopwatch out 😆

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a time to shoot the new course record. That putt on 18 had a look too. All depends on how much pressure Lowry feels tomorrow but if he can make a par and early birdie he could win this by a large margin. Drop a couple early especially given the forecast, and it could be a nervy afternoon. What an afternoon of viewing though. Not sure I can see past Rose and Holmes at -9 as challengers as I can't see anyone going low

Could you not see Brooks going low

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My bets all looking ok so far (minus Lorenzo vela)

Fleetwood ew
Lowry ew
Koepka ew
Rahm ew

Fowler season long major bet

I’d be delighted with either of Lowry or Fleetwood. Going to be great final group

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon listening to Lowrys interview he has doubts he can handle it,I hope not he deserves it and the crowd will be fantastic

Level par should do it in that weather they predicting

Surely nobody can shoot a super low score in that rain ..

Steady should do it

D

Deleted member 15344

🤞 he can just be nice and steady and keep a nice lead going , a nice no thrills boring win would be brilliant for Lowry and the fans there

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What an outstanding round from Lowry - brilliant , great forward step , that’s such an impressive round of golf

God if only there was some way to mute McGinley - such a depressing person on the mic , you would have though Lowry struggled with a 1 over round

mute button on your remote, works the same way as when Macca is on the footie on BT Sport ;)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
All tee times moved forward tomorrow due to the bad weather forecast. It is to get grim out there in the afternoon. Could be very very interesting.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
All tee times moved forward tomorrow due to the bad weather forecast. It is to get grim out there in the afternoon. Could be very very interesting.
Level par for Lowry would get it done given the forecast I think. Can'y really see anyone in the pack shooting 65 or so? If he drops a couple early, and Fleetwood or the others can make a birdie (so a two shot swing) it could get very interesting. In a way I'd like to see several players go toe to toe in tough conditions and how they deal with them

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure Lowry will bring it home but I have a sneaky feeling there's a low one out there from Jon Rahm.
Interesting that Schauffele has been pulled up for using a non-conforming driver during practice and had to quickly get hold of another one!
I bet he didn't know that.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bit of a pain tee times moving forward, coming back from my holidays and will probably miss it.
It would be good to see an Irishman winning in Ireland.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thought Fleetwood & Westwood look good for 12ish holes, then the putting stroke started to tighten for Lee first and then Tommy.
Lowry has obviously played great, he does seem to throw in the odd wild drive and the chasers will hope the luck runs out. He has the advantage that will be the second night sleeping with the lead but of course still different. Should be interesting.