148th Open Championship

Wolf

Visit site
So out of the players in contention,who do we want to win it?
I’m going Fleetwood as I backed him.
But if not I’ll go Westwood or Spieth.
I've split loyalties purely through betting purposes. Lowry, Xander, Stenson or Noren would be nice.

Other than that I'm a big fan of Spieth so that'd be nice or Westwood for the sentimental value.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Given that I've got money on both, head says Fleetwood, heart says Westwood (with the wallet favouring the latter). I've long wanted Westwood to win a Major - not going to hold my breath, but it would be darn good if he did.
Wouldn’t it just.
Especially with him having the Mrs on the bag.
Just looks to be enjoying his golf,with no pressure.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I like Westwood, but in the 3+ years I follow golf he always had 1 not so great round during the weekend. Let’s keep the fingers crossed.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hoping for Lowry as i have money on him and hes Irish.

Also wouldnt mind Rahm coming through the field or Van Rooyen.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I like them, but the. I quite like the new Nike gear as well. Perhaps I have some issues 🤔
I think lots of the new gear looks good on athletes.....

The tight rugby shirts were the start of sports apparel being for sports stars and not necessarily fans.

Wolf

Visit site
I think lots of the new gear looks good on athletes.....

The tight rugby shirts were the start of sports apparel being for sports stars and not necessarily fans.
Good job I'm athletically built then 😉

You do have a really good point though, I could probably pull of those trousers and some of those shirts due to my build, put my brother in them though and he would look like a cow that needs milking. 7

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
5th hole.

3 of the guys i played with last night had all played the course and said the 5th was 390 ish dogleg par 4, on the coverage it keeps showing distance to the pin 299, but the hole distance is still as per the card, so are they playing from a different tee or just cutting the corner or from a different tee?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Rory's golf over his 36 holes may well have been poor but he showed sheer class in his media interviews, very endearing unlike many other sports stars of the modern era.

Totally agree. I think the weight of it all hit him. Did well to remain relatively composed.

I saw one with Gmac recently too. The Irish lads certainly seem to have been really up for this one.

User20204

Visit site
It reminded me of when Andy Murray lost the Wimbledon final and struggled to talk, that interview made him a national hero.

As for a winner, would love to see Westie win, then in no particular order, Tommy/JR/Lowrey/Rahm but feel Brooks is the man to fear.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It reminded me of when Andy Murray lost the Wimbledon final and struggled to talk, that interview made him a national hero.

As for a winner, would love to see Westie win, then in no particular order, Tommy/JR/Lowrey/Rahm but feel Brooks is the man to fear.

I started to like Andy when I saw him on league of their own. I think he's quite emotional though as he blubs at almost every opportunity lol

Only issue I have with him is his mum. She gets right on my nerves for some reason.

D

Deleted member 15344

Such a raw interview and FairPlay to him - some of the stuff being said about him just because he had a bad day on the course when he is trying his very best is pretty poor - listening to 5live this morning and there are so many great stories about him over the week especially with the kids and lots away from the public eye. Understand that he is staying around to watch - can only think this week will make him stronger

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Such a raw interview and FairPlay to him - some of the stuff being said about him just because he had a bad day on the course when he is trying his very best is pretty poor - listening to 5live this morning and there are so many great stories about him over the week especially with the kids and lots away from the public eye. Understand that he is staying around to watch - can only think this week will make him stronger
What bad stuff as been said about him Phil?