148th Open Championship

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Decent effort by McIlroy but just too much to do. I still think he has to find a way to grind those extra one or two shots off that others manage to when it's not going well. Felt for him in the interview though and you can see what it meant to him. What a good leaderboard for British fans though with Tommy, Lee, Justin and of course Shane for the Irish to get behind. Hope they are still in the same sort of places after tomorrow and we can see six or seven golfers going toe to toe in tricky conditions on Sunday

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a good day at the open. Rain wasnt as bad as expected.

Course proving a great test. Could make for some riveting excitement come Sunday evening with calamity proving a difficult par, 17 a good birdie chance and 18 being a real mixed bag.

User20204

Visit site
Don't be obtuse. You know full well I mean it was a decent effort to play so well today and get within touching distance of making the weekend. Doesn't detract from the poor first round and as I've said already, too much damage done yesterday, especially that missed tap in

Don't try and deflect your comment on me, he shot 65 and you called his effort decent, how's your game coming along Tiger ?

For the record, just watched the highlights and Rory was magnificent today.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Don't try and deflect your comment on me, he shot 65 and you called his effort decent, how's your game coming along Tiger ?

For the record, just watched the highlights and Rory was magnificent today.
What about the wedge he chucked in the bunker on the 15th was it?

A championship is played over 4 days. Fair play, he played well today but I don't think anyone needs to fall over themselves dishing out congrats to him after he effectively had a day to free wheel after the shambles yesterday.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you think shooting 6 under (low round of the day I believe) in the Open Championship "decent" is just an opinion then it's my opinion you're opinion is utter nonsense. (y)
I think you're being pedantic. I understand what Homer meant and I took "Decent" as being a damned good effort and an opinion is just that. An opinion, not a statement of fact, it's a persons viewpoint.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't know, what about it ? It wasn't on the highlights so I didn't see it.
I belive it may have been 15. He's at +2 absolutely smokes his drive so far that the commentary even mention he is in the range he’s no good at. Duly pops a wedge the bunker and blows a massive chance.

Don't get me wrong. He played well today, but if you only saw the highlights (on BBC I presume) then obviously you'll have only seen his good bits.

My point being that his round which you're correct was joint best of the day was hardly flawless. He made a decent attempt to get back into it, but over half the field was at par or better today. It was an easier day and he had less pressure on him as nobody expected him to progress.

It appeared to me that as soon as the pressure returned he tightened up again unfortunately.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yes decent. But not good enough 👍🏻
Never known a player get so much smoke blown up their arse after missing the cut.
36 holes +2 😱.

I scored 36pts last wk with 2 blobs.
Take away those two blobs & 👌.
But hey that’s golf 👍🏻