148th Open Championship

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No doubt Lowry is "fighting it" last few holes but credit to him, 3 tremendous up and downs.

Can he do 4???

Wolf

Visit site
What a pile of drivel they are whittering on about on Radio 5 live.

More discussion on the state of Tiger's back and if he may stop playing any comp where it may be cool weather than on any actual golf.

Obviously the producer has no idea about golf!
That's why I've got it on talksport2 it's actual commentary

U

User62651

Lowry and Holmes showing the 'athletes' that there's nowt wrong with a beer gut and a redneck ginger beard to get on in golf.;)

D

Deleted member 3432

That's why I've got it on talksport2 it's actual commentary

Cheers, will have a search around for that. Don't listen to much sport on radio so never thought of that one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a pile of drivel they are whittering on about on Radio 5 live.

More discussion on the state of Tiger's back and if he may stop playing any comp where it may be cool weather than on any actual golf.

Obviously the producer has no idea about golf!
Tell me about it. I was listening to them all morning at work. Mark Chapman is the worst, he really does start the most inane and banal conversations, and the rest of them all chime in as if they're sat about in a coffee house rather than broadcasting live to a nation.

D

Deleted member 15344

He is prob going to miss the cut but that’s a quality round of golf - gutted for him that couple of silly holes cost him. Great for McDowell making the cut and great round from Lowery

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Tell me about it. I was listening to them all morning at work. Mark Chapman is the worst, he really does start the most inane and banal conversations, and the rest of them all chime in as if they're sat about in a coffee house rather than broadcasting live to a nation.

I think that they believe that their audience are listening to them for the whole day and so might get a little tired of just golf, so they introduce some "humour" as this will be enjoyed by the listeners. Surely they should realise that most people just dip in and out on the radio?

This morning I heard some inane drivel about a car being stuck in some mud and how a commentator was being excluded from a WhatsApp group because of their part in this hilarious tale, it went on for so long that I turned the radio off.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Meghan MacLaren from our club is on 5 Live - anyone heard much of her and how she came across? Nice intelligent girl.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that they believe that their audience are listening to them for the whole day and so might get a little tired of just golf, so they introduce some "humour" as this will be enjoyed by the listeners. Surely they should realise that most people just dip in and out on the radio?

This morning I heard some inane drivel about a car being stuck in some mud and how a commentator was being excluded from a WhatsApp group because of their part in this hilarious tale, it went on for so long that I turned the radio off.
Yeah! They debated it for hours about how 'Chappers' was to be roundly booed because he sat in the car instead of helping them push it out or something. Who bloody cares!

D

Deleted member 15344

Meghan MacLaren from our club is on 5 Live - anyone heard much of her and how she came across? Nice intelligent girl.

She has come across well when I have listened to the coverage and she was speaking , certainly knowledgable - had a great chat with Connelly

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played Rory great effort.

Just don’t get that play on the last leaving 200 yards in when needing a birdie.
G-Mac has 159 in and both Rory’s playing partners more aggressive.

D

Deleted member 15344

Gutted for him , showed some balls today and gave it a real fight , bet the atmosphere whilst he was on that charge was amazing.

After Woods round today i wonder when we will see him tee up again this season ?

Showing a lot of emotion in the interview- guess that shows how much stress and be pressure there must have been on him