Your best ever score

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another thread got me reminiscing about my best ever round, about 10 years ago but remember it like it was yesterday :)

46 points in a work society event, off 12

Started with a nett bogey too

Won:

- Best nett (missed gross by 1 shot)
- Team event
- Yellow ball comp
- NTP
- Would've had Longest drive too but was a foot in the rough :(

Was called a bandit but my handicap was spot on. I'd just had my first ever lesson and something just clicked. I remember I just hit the zone, saw everything so clearly and couldn't do anything wrong

Only broken 40 points once or twice since

What's your best round?

D

Deleted member 1147

70 on a par 71 course, 72 on a par 72 course for my best gross scores.

For stableford I had something in the mid 40's when I was younger.

Best matchplay result was 9 & 8 in a junior league match. He beat me by the same score at his course the week before.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
best gross score was 73 around a par if 69 but CSS of 71.

Best stableford was in the home leg of a junior league match. Scored 44 points with 3 blobs. Don't even think I played particularly well but just kept scoring well.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Best ever Stabelford score was in a supplementary round I played off the starting handicap of 54. A nice even 54 points, so on average 3 points a hole, got cut in one go to 36 (wasn't my first ever round though, I had played to that 54 handicap for almost a year without any success). Best thing was that I was able to confirm that new handicap with 36 pts in a regular comp round a week later, so it wasn't just a freaky one-off performance, but my play really had gotten better.

Best recent comp score was just over a week ago, 41 pts off 32. High time as well, because I've been stuck on that handicap for more than a year and was beginning to feel a bit frustrated. Got cut ot 29.5

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
-4 @ Worplesdon. Finished Bogey Bogey 😡
Also shot -3 @ Hockley and finished Bogey, Double

Such a choker

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two weeks ago went round in 84 in the July medal. Was off 22 at the time which gave me a net 62 (par is 68). That is my new lowest ever gross score.

Given the respective pars, this is probably about equal with the round I did back in May of this year, playing Richings Park I went round in 86, but the par there is 70. So it's a toss-up which round was better in real terms.

(In between those two I did manage 109 & 101 in the Club Championships. :rofl: )

D

Deleted member 15344

So far my best in a Comp is a gross 70

Stableford points 42 playing off 4 and 5 up on the course in a Bogey Comp

In social play it’s 67 gross

Stableford points it’s 44 playing off 4

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Quite a number under par down the years. A few weeks back it was a 1 under under at the tender age of 59. Chuffed to bits its still there somewhere, it just doesn't show up very often.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
1 over on my previous track; 2 over on current - though my 4 over on Saturday in a roll-up as I sort out my swing bodes well. My coach buddy tells me that my objective should be to get it round in level as I have the game to do that. Well let's see if I can embed the changes that gave my the 4 over and get closer.

Key to this will be my putting. On Saturday I hit 14 greens in regulation - or was just in the fringe - but I only holed two birdie putts. For longer putts (>12ft) my thinking is Great if I hole it, but two putts will be OK . I need to change that.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Best score in a comp off the whites is a 72 (par 70 sss 69) which I've shot 3 or 4 times.

Off the yellows I've shot 67 three times (par 70 Sss 67)

Funnily enough I've shot a level par 71 off the whites at a longer and supposedly harder (Sss 72) course than my own.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gross 78, playing off an 18 handicap, round the Old Course in St Andrews the week after the 1995 Open. I had one of those days where everything went right, every bounce took the ball the right way and almost every putt dropped.

Also had 45 points playing Stableford against a mate from work a couple of years ago.