Your best ever score

D

Deleted Member 1156

69 in a scratch open, came 5th overall but shot the low round of the day.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In competitions (whites)
3 under par gross when playing off a 6 handicap
11 under par nett when playing off a 16 handicap

Social golf (yellows)
2 under par off a 6 handicap
4 over gross off a 16 handicap.

Course par 71 SSS 70 (whites) 71/68 yellows

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Competition round 78 gross, 6 over par.

The lowest handicap I've had is 8, never had a stellar round and the way my golf has gone in the last 4 or 5 years I can't see it happening now.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
In competition, 83, nett 64 (par 69) - only came 2nd.

In social golf, gross 74 (par 68) at Wimbledon Common (how did l ever forget that when l recently posted a "first time under 80"post a week or so ago ??)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
86 in a knock at Rufford with a pal. Par 70. That was my lowest score. Best round was 43 points on Captains day when I won. 😁
Come close a couple of times but blown up on last four holes the last three or four rounds.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just shows we've all got it in us (or at least had it in us! 😐😅)

If only we could bottle it and recreate it at will...

Looking back I think I now play too conservatively to shoot that many under handicap, despite generally being a better player. Nowadays it's more buffers and small cuts...

How about you guys (and girls!)?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best score was 85 off of our yellows a year ago (only time I've scored under 90).

Best stableford was 41 playing off of 25 a couple of months ago, which won me the competition, and was also my best score from the competition tees (91). In an actual medal I think it is 96.

D

Deleted member 15717

Lowest score for me was shot on Friday. 70on a par 70 course. Bogey’d the last hole as well.

Before that, it was 72 on a par 72. Double bogey’d the last hole that day.

Breaking par will happen at some point!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shot 1 under in a bounce game at lee park

Level par at roe park.

1 over at my home club foyle.

Best comp scores were 2over and 4 over during a sat and sunday this year. Been off the boil at bit since.

Best comp at lee park 2 over.

Stitching the two 9s together for a real low one is a challenge. Countless level and under par rounds for 9 sadly paired up with a shocking other 9s.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Won the Captains prize at Lee Park with consecutive 68 gross -8 over two weeks .
Best golf I have ever played.
The good old days.

We've still got the wanted poster up.....:D

Mine is 66 gross (4 under par 70) in a bounce game with my mate at Lee park when I was off 9, but holed everything.

For years my second best score was 1 over gross, but second best score is now 1 under gross at Wallasey, in the GM forum NW flatcappers final.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
after getting back from my stag do, i went to Caversham for a knock, paired up with someone i didn't know for a knock, played rssish on 1 and did't score but started playing unbelievable - long-story short, played 18 and then did one again to record a 1 over gross (off 16 or 17), with 6 birdies and 2 small puts missed on last few holes.

Best comp score was 77 (net 65) to win a board comp at Bearwood, the week after winning the medal the week before, following a year of rubbish and handicap went 14.4 to 9.5 - will never get that low again and now much prefer a casual 4-ball with good banter and stableford - not the nasty serious medals!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ha! We need to mock up a leaderboard, though I'd be slipping down it with every new post :rofl:
Some incredible rounds 👏

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best nett was 62 off 12 and was my first major board id won. Couple of gross 68s one of which I led by 5 after morning round in Lincs Mid Am, I'll not say what happened in the afternoon round. Best 10 holes I was -6 in a comp then had a silly thought on the 11th tee which put paid to all that after.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
72 competition round Reading which got me cut to lowest handicap of 6.

72 round Blackmoor in bounce game, finishing with a double. Best competition round 75, net 63 to come second to a net 57.:eek:

On away course was 1 over after 15 on the New Course at St Andrews, and then dropped four shots in last three holes.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Three times shot 62 (-6) on one of the two courses I play at. Best on the other is 69 (-3) which I've done a few times. Closing in on 1,000 all-time sub-70s.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Gross 87 seven months ago and my first time breaking 90… and the only shot I can remember clearly from the entire round is the putt from off the green up a bank on the 9th that I didn’t hit hard enough and it reached the crest then rolled back down to my feet! :mad:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Best days golf I've ever had was at Cooden about 3 or 4 years ago.
Surprised to score 41 points in the morning, went out and shot exactly the same score in the afternoon.
Everything seemed so easy. Swinging freely, no provisionals, no jammy putts sunk or chip ins. A proper days golf. I was stoked. I'd finally cracked it. Big time. I'd found my natural rhythm.
3 days later, playing in an Open at Hankley Common. 22 points. I'd scored more than that over 9 holes at Cooden literally 3 days before. Not once, but twice!
This game certainly knows how to bite you in the arse.
:mad: