Wrotham Heath golf club Kent

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
When did you last play Red Libbits, used to be lovely but they've been struggling for a while and it's got quite scruffy not in half as good knick as Wrotham when i played it last year, they were offering some serious membership deals as they were losing numbers fast.

Rochester & Cobham is a lovely course but can be very hard to get a friendly game, there are lots of cliques there sadly.

London ckub, do you fancy subbing me a few years membership ? I'd gladly move back to kent to me a member there my bank balance won't allow it though

Certainly a way back. I really was only lifting some of the places I've played to give ideas

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not in the winter its not. Even a mild drizzle and the course gets unbelievably boggy especially at the low points where all the water runs. Plus you'd have to put up with knob head members like my brother?

To be fair most of their members are nice except my brother, they also have a good social calendar and do a cracking carvery. When its dry the course is nice and a good challenge but it does suffer badly from about October onwards.

Only played there summer evenings when I worked down that way

Wolf

Visit site
King hill: has a waiting list, is also about £1700 a year and not the most interesting of courses. However it is playable all year round.
To be honest I don't think that's a bad price for Kingshill for the quality of course and facilities, plus all year round golf.

West Malling is around £1300 I think got a few friends there but they miss a lot of winter golf due to courses getting wet.

Bearsted is last time i looked £1200 will often be closed in winter or on temps.

As mentioned about Sittingbourne is a lovely course, good mate is head pro there and know a lot of members who are talking positively about changes but its a bit of a drive from Kingshill andnits not the simplest of routes.

As above I'd join Wrotham enjoy it and get my name down for KH waiting list, all year round golf and living nearby imagine all those extra summer evenings.

Wolf

Visit site
Certainly a way back. I really was only lifting some of the places I've played to give ideas
You wouldn't wanna play it now mate, such a shame was a lovely course, last year when i played it I'd say Cobtree was in better shape.
Only played there summer evenings when I worked down that way
Thats the best time to play it, its a lovely summer course especially the evening round by holes 11-14. Suffers so badly in winter, I'd say my brother plays more golf at Gillingham as a guest green fee with my dad than he does rounds at Bearsted as a member.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was a member at Redlibbets for around 8 years, cracking layout but suffered from lack of investment (like when the green irrigation system was broke during the hottest summer for years).
Owner is a member at Wildenese so didnt giving a monkeys.

Wolf

Visit site
Bit further out, mid kent is a cracking members course, was always a wait to get 7 day membership though.
Thats not a bad shout at all, nice course and if you went through the back roads via Vigo & & Meopham you would cut off some travel time.

Where do you play Spongebob59

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thats not a bad shout at all, nice course and if you went through the back roads via Vigo & & Meopham you would cut off some travel time.

Canterbury, membership kicks back in April

Wolf

Visit site
Canterbury, membership kicks back in April
Now that is a nice place to be a member, haven't played there ib s very long time, last time i played it was 36 hole comp shot level par round 1, got cockand the course beat me up in round and shot something like 85 might have been more. That was 20 years ago ? i liked the course though. Been back a few times for work events but only in clubhouse sadly didn't have time to play.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now that is a nice place to be a member, haven't played there ib s very long time, last time i played it was 36 hole comp shot level par round 1, got cockand the course beat me up in round and shot something like 85 might have been more. That was 20 years ago ? i liked the course though. Been back a few times for work events but only in clubhouse sadly didn't have time to play.

Next time your down give me a shout, theyre been a few changes over the last few year, probalby a few more too in the future

ChrisLaw10

Visit site
Been looking at Wrotham Heath myself As I’m just down the road in Aylesford. As stated before there is a waiting list at Kings Hill currently as enquired at the start of the year!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SittingBourne is a cracker lots of work done the last year or so and more planned
I can vouch for that....lots of work done to the greens over the last few years, they’ve been pruning trees and clearing lots of under growth as well.:)
It’s been a tad wet recently, but the greens have held up really well considering.
Give me a shout if you want to take a look;)

How about Westerham?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
K
I can vouch for that....lots of work done to the greens over the last few years, they’ve been pruning trees and clearing lots of under growth as well.:)
It’s been a tad wet recently, but the greens have held up really well considering.
Give me a shout if you want to take a look;)

How about Westerham?

Westerham's nice course, good clubhouse and facilities. I've got a few mates that are members and if you pay i think £130 a month you get to play Woldingham, Surrey National, and Godstone as well. If you're emergency services then it's £109 a month for all that which is decent - shame I'm too far away to justify it.

D

Deleted member 23344

I played Wrotham last year and liked it. There is an interesting hole (around 4th or 5th) where there is a very narrow fairway with a drop either side and the green is down a steep hill at the end of the fairway. But crossing a very busy road for two (or was it three) holes would put me off playing there regularly.