Wrong score on EG and getting it corrected

Larry long dog

Visit site
Morning all,

A mate of mine put a general play card in yesterday and instead of putting ‘did not play’ for last 5 holes, entered what he thought the ‘did not play’ function did ie entered 3 pars and 2 bogeys.

I wasn’t playing with him (but am later this aft in a comp) as I’d have pointed out what he did was wrong. Any idea how he can go about getting this changed before playing later?

ta

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Close thread ?

One additional point on this they need to explain why they did not play the last 5 holes and the card should go in to the handicap committee/manager in the first place for them to adjudicate on the acceptability of the score for handicap purposes or they may adjust the standard 'penalty score for something more appropriate

e.g. if if it was insufficient time a player should know this before starting the round and should not preregister in the first place.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
One additional point on this they need to explain why they did not play the last 5 holes and the card should go in to the handicap committee/manager in the first place for them to adjudicate on the acceptability of the score for handicap purposes or they may adjust the standard 'penalty score for something more appropriate

e.g. if if it was insufficient time a player should know this before starting the round and should not preregister in the first place.
He may have estimated that he could have got 14+ holes in.

John Evans 9

Visit site
I know someone who scored a 1 on a par 4 for six points In a competition. Of course it should have been a 6 for 1 point but his marker got it the wrong way round and they both signed for it. It has gone through to EG and has helped him reduce his handicap. So many mistakes by so many people !!!

wjemather

Visit site
I know someone who scored a 1 on a par 4 for six points In a competition. Of course it should have been a 6 for 1 point but his marker got it the wrong way round and they both signed for it. It has gone through to EG and has helped him reduce his handicap. So many mistakes by so many people !!!
The player and marker are responsible for checking and reporting errors to the committee so they get corrected. However, there really is no excuse for such mistakes in competitions being missed by the committee in the first place.