Would you rather?

D

Deleted member 16999

Does it not come down to ability and knowing your own game?
Maybe at the top end it’s a close call, but I don’t think choosing 1 over the other at the bottom would be right, the majority of us could do with improving all aspects of the game and we’ll all have strengths and weakness’s.

D

Deleted member 1147

True but what do you think Lee would choose?
I’m sure he’d love to putt better, but wouldn’t give up his excellent driving.
Otherwise he’d have been trying to use good putting to save par, rather than trying to make birdies.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m sure he’d love to putt better, but wouldn’t give up his excellent driving.
Otherwise he’d have been trying to use good putting to save par, rather than trying to make birdies.
However I’d imagine Spieth would give pick driving every single time. He’s once again the best putter on tour but can’t compete

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
However I’d imagine Spieth would give pick driving every single time. He’s once again the best putter on tour but can’t compete
0 wins and only 4 top 10 from 23 starts

Attachments

• B9BE6FF1-FDE3-4733-A4F7-C17149B60571.jpeg
    B9BE6FF1-FDE3-4733-A4F7-C17149B60571.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 11

User20204

Visit site
The down side and the strong side of mine are the same, if I drive well I score well, if I drive poorly I score poorly, over the piece my putting makes not a lot of difference to my scoring but my driving does.

I find the game fairly easy when I'm ripping drives well down, holing 10 footers doesn't make the game any easier for me, nor does chopping out the trees after my drive.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driver definitely. Whenever I hit a great tee shot I'm generally making no worse than bogey. Holing putts isn't much use if they're for a 7.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
£40m in the bank I'd happily be that a bad a putter and proves how much you can do with accuracy and an average putting stroke
but if you could putt he would have won twice as many prob.. but anyway... putting stiil for me, unless there is the extra 30 yards on the drive and its down the middle;)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strokes gained off the tee ALONE does not win tournaments.
Last week at the CJ Cup, the winner, Justin Thomas was 63rd in strokes gained off the tee.
In putting he was 53rd.
Its when they get all parts working together they win.
In strokes gained overall he was 3rd.
The game is neither putt or drive for dough.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Driver, not even bothered about how I'd score but knowing you could nail every tee shot would make golf quite enjoyable I would think.

Having said that, how often have we all had a short wedge into a green after a great tee shot, only to walk off with a double bogey??

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yet it's still the biggest hitters that are winning more than the putters as stats have proved.
Nope. It’s really isn’t. Go look at the longest guys on the stats. The longest guy doesn’t win week out.

It’s when multiple strokes gained align they win.
JT last week was 39th on distance.