Would you rather?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw this question on Twitter - would you rather?

Hit the driver your maximum distance down the centre of the fairway everytime you hit it

Or

Hole every putt from 10ft and in

Wolf

Visit site
Driver without a doubt, give me more chances to make better scores. No point in nailing every 10 footer if you been hacking it out the gash to get there and those putts are all for bogey or worse.. 🤷‍♂️

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driver without a doubt, give me more chances to make better scores. No point in nailing every 10 footer if you been hacking it out the gash to get there and those putts are all for bogey or worse.. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly this.

Most putts inside 10ft are also with about 3ft as the first putt was outside that distance.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top 10 putting on tour last season between 5-10ft

Attachments

• F423FAAB-521A-4775-97C7-9AE8E35DB92D.jpeg
    F423FAAB-521A-4775-97C7-9AE8E35DB92D.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 51

AdamC28

Visit site

Yes, driver for me for exactly the reason quoted above.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amazes me that people STILL say putter
And it amazes me that they don't.
If I know I am going to can it from 10ft and in my chipping, pitching and my approach play all get pressure removed dramatically! I'm not even concerned about Green side bunkers because getting it within 10ft is massively easier than a more normal target area of 3ft (about 10 times the target size!).
Once I'm comfortable that I'm going to be down in 3 from 200yds all the pressure on distance leaves my tee shots and I will probably do better there as a result.
On the other hand, if I've hit this great drive I've still got all the normal pressures on missing bunkers, hitting the right part of the green etc that exist, and hinder performance, as they do today.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
And it amazes me that they don't.
If I know I am going to can it from 10ft and in my chipping, pitching and my approach play all get pressure removed dramatically! I'm not even concerned about Green side bunkers because getting it within 10ft is massively easier than a more normal target area of 3ft (about 10 times the target size!).
Once I'm comfortable that I'm going to be down in 3 from 200yds all the pressure on distance leaves my tee shots and I will probably do better there as a result.
On the other hand, if I've hit this great drive I've still got all the normal pressures on missing bunkers, hitting the right part of the green etc that exist, and hinder performance, as they do today.

Its fine, some people still think the world is flat 🤷🏻‍♂️