World Handicap System (WHS)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No golf in Wales currently anyway. My 2020 scores are not all showing on the portal. No idea where some of my stuff comes from. Mind you, if we get back playing, our regular 4 ball with play 4BBB and give each other the shots we did before this and forget about it till qualifiers resume. If it's still messed up, can't see many folk handing over comp fees on a Saturday morning!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've had our section emailed to us. Some weird jumps - mainly down due to the course/slope rating I think but even so some look very odd...I'm sure they know what they're doing though :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mine looks like its caught up..
Using scores from this year and a couple from last year so seems to be up to date.
Gives me 6.2 which gives me 8 ( 2 more than CONGU) shots at home.....I think it's a brilliant system..:whistle:;)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
HDID and EG are giving me two different HI’s. And EG clearly haven’t caught up in my case as they are now using results from 2018 even though I have 20 rounds more recent.

Hopefully be resolved by Wednesday, otherwise I’ll have to choose whichever HI gives me the best chance of winning.

?

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've gone from 6.3 to 5.7 to 4.5 to 5.8 in the past few hours. Think it's going to be a while before I know anything for sure, which is frustrating as I'm playing elsewhere tomorrow and was looking forward to putting in a counting score from another course to see how it all works.

Doubly annoying is that our club haven't uploaded our email addresses to the England Golf system, so can't get in to see my full account - only the 'indicative' index.

I know there's A LOT that goes into these things, but it feels a bit like they left the technical implementation bits until the last 6 weeks or so, and there's now (understandably) some issues ...

Mandofred

Visit site
Well, just checked. They have had me at 7.7 for at least a week (average of scores used would put me at about 9.37). Now they have me at 8.3 which I thought was at least reasonable......then checked the scores. They have dropped everything from 2020, using 2019 scores..well beyond the last 20 scores. I'm assuming this is happening to a lot of people.

Billysboots

Visit site
Well, just checked. They have had me at 7.7 for at least a week (average of scores used would put me at about 9.37). Now they have me at 8.3 which I thought was at least reasonable......then checked the scores. They have dropped everything from 2020, using 2019 scores. I'm assuming this is happening to a lot of people.

That’s exactly my experience. Only one counting score is currently taken from my last 20 - the oldest one. So I’m guessing they are now just playing catch up.

Of note, none of the other 19 scores out of my last 20 has a HI in the column alongside it. I remain staggered, given we have all known the go live date for months, that this wasn’t a seamless transition. It seems to be an enormous mess.

Mandofred

Visit site
That’s exactly my experience. Only one counting score is currently taken from my last 20 - the oldest one. So I’m guessing they are now just playing catch up.

Of note, none of the other 19 scores out of my last 20 has a HI in the column alongside it. I remain staggered, given we have all known the go live date for months, that this wasn’t a seamless transition. It seems to be an enormous mess.
It could be the apocalypse is upon us:eek:.
1. WHS-ouch
2. US election-o_O
3. Brexit coming- :sleep:
4. Virus going nuts again- :ROFLMAO:
5. Christmas movies have been on for ages- :mad:
6. Weather is :poop:
7. Sean Connery-:cry:

I may need to go get a couple of beers.......

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got this from our handicap sec

As per my earlier mails the course and slope ratings transferred from I.G to England Golf / DotGolf are incorrect, we are awaiting confirmation when they have been corrected, until then I wouldn't bother looking as handicap index's shown are ALL incorrect.

Least if courses close hopefully they can sort it out

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm not too worried about it, things go kablooey sometimes. Although we were supposed to have our medal on Saturday which would have caused people to go even more kablooey.

Billysboots

Visit site
I'm not too worried about it, things go kablooey sometimes. Although we were supposed to have our medal on Saturday which would have caused people to go even more kablooey.

Kablooey. Nice word. I’m going to try and squeeze it into conversation.