Woolly Hats

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would it be a serious breach of etiquette to refuse to play with someone wearing a woolly hat?
With global warming I just don’t see why someone would want to wear one anymore. 😀

D

Deleted member 21258

My wife has got a whole collection of them. If I refused to play golf with her if she wears one, she wouldn't play, mmm :devilish:

She has almost got as many, as homer has pairs of shoes;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Minus five degrees yesterday made it essential apparel. Also the first time I've ever seen frost on my club headcovers!

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sweep, you clearly have not played golf in the NE during winter. No global warming happening up here between January and March most years. We get cold temperatures and a wind directly from Scandinavia. A woolly hat is essential if you don't want your ears to snap off.

You can make that even more critical if you move up higher into NE Scotland.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Woolly hat for my last two rounds ... one started at -2 degrees and the other at 0 degrees. If it is one with a turned up bottom section, it’s good for storing tees and ball markers too.

Wolf

Visit site
Played in a woolly bobble hat the other day, head and ears were warm and that's all that matters, I'd rather be warm than worry what I look like. But obviously I still though I looked cool ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Woolly hats, Ping mittens, thermal leggings, tow pairs of socks (one being waterproof) and a host of layers ready for tomorrow. Going to feel like -2 according to me weather app and with a notoriously slow player in the comp. Deep joy

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wore a woolly hat today in my car. Roof down, sunny day, heated seats on, woolly top. Perfect.

Played like a tramp though, when I got to the course.