Woburn fourballs and general information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The forecast is for snow up north, not much due to fall down here. BBC web site says even some sunshine on Monday but only 1 degree warmth. Tuesday dry but cold, then Wednesday a crazy warm 3 degrees but cloudy. Thursday temperatures could be up to 8!! Doesn't sound to worrying to me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It all depends how much snow Woburn has and when it starts to melt.
I reckon you'll be ok but it could be a bit sploshy - technical term!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There was very little snow forecast for London until this afternoon and I can see an inch of snow out of my window. Based on the forecasted temps, that will not shift for a number of days.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The forecast is for snow up north, not much due to fall down here. BBC web site says even some sunshine on Monday but only 1 degree warmth. Tuesday dry but cold, then Wednesday a crazy warm 3 degrees but cloudy. Thursday temperatures could be up to 8!! Doesn't sound to worrying to me.

I'm not "up north" and we have at least 4-5" and its still snowing on & off. The temperatures will not drop for a couple of days to allow a natural thaw so unless it rains its going to hang around but either way, it will be very wet!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am in Stevenage right now which is about 45 minutes South Eastish of Woburn, we had a lot of wet snow between 4-9am which followed an evening/night of rain, it is now 'sraining' with the hard surfaces melted, still snow on grassed areas.

I think it will be still VERY wet by wednesday, ? carry bags only ? I think it might be worth checking directly with Woburn on Tuesday for an update.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
all i can do is contact Woburn both monday and tuesday to get a course update, fundy is the best chap to ask about conditions, it's only a par long 5 away from his house.

I'm hoping and praying it's open and playable. I will of course update on here everytime i get any information.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Overnight we've not had as much snow as everywhere else seems to have had, probably an inch or so, the bigger worry I would think is if we get anymore (small amounts forecast) and if then how slow or fast it defrosts with temps not expected to get much above freezing all week

Woburn tends to drain pretty well, the Marquess likely to be the wettest of the 3 courses. Lets hope the weather relents by mid week.

Then all I need is to get rid of the dreaded lurgy I seem to have picked up, feel like Ive been hit by a 10 tonne truck :(

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi, been salvilating at the prospect of Woburn, was wondering if there was scope for another person to tee it up on Wednesday or Thursday, also the costs? Not committing 100%, just enquiring. I posted in another thread about not having active handicap at present, just maintain it on online handicap tracking
Many thanks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Elliott, not wanting to get your hopes up but I think there may have been a spare spot for the Thursday, not sure if Rob has filled it or not, no doubt he will be along to advise sooner or later

On the downside, its snowing again here, not too heavy but pretty persistent and adding to where it has already settled :(

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Elliott, not wanting to get your hopes up but I think there may have been a spare spot for the Thursday, not sure if Rob has filled it or not, no doubt he will be along to advise sooner or later

On the downside, its snowing again here, not too heavy but pretty persistent and adding to where it has already settled :(

I think there are a couple of spots available, well there were yesterday when I was with Rob.

The snows started again here, decent size and consistent. I looked at the window ledges and thought, great, its thawing, but now the temperatures dropped its back!

Status
Not open for further replies.