Wilson Staff Dx2 Soft golf ball - testing opportunity

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

Wilson are offering 12 formers the opportunity to test the latest version of their popular Dx2 Soft balls and provide some feedback on its performance.

The new 2-piece Wilson Staff Dx2 Soft ball has been completely re-constructed to provide golfers with ultimate soft feel around the greens, higher and consistent ball flights and three yards extra in distance.

At 40 Compression – the lowest of any ball available to golfers in the UK – the Dx2 Soft has a significantly lower Compression than its nearest rivals and 10 points less than the original ball that proved extremely popular with regular golfers.

A distance increase of three yards from the previous model can be attributed to an 8% larger, Rubber Rich core that allows for decreasing Compression, whilst maintaining a high COR (Coefficient of Restitution) of 0.81. The rubber core has a 96.3% purity level – a 5.1% increase – while a thinner, higher Resilience Cover also helps to produce more ball velocity off the clubface.

The ball is very competitively priced at just £17.99 a dozen

Testers will be selected at the end of July when the balls (a dozen) will be sent out.

As with the Mizuno ball testing opportunity we ran a few months back there will be a sticky post in the review section and whoever provides the most interesting review of the balls (selected by GM) will receive a year's supply (6 dozen) of the new balls. We are looking for a range of abilities so all are welcome to apply. If you are interested please email the below details to paul_o'hagan@ipcmedia.com

Name
Forum name
Handicap
Home club (if applicable)
Current ball used
Postal address

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was lucky to jointly win the Mizuno opportunity (With Greginfife) and think the ball opportunities for the the forum are excellent.

I won't be entering this, but best of luck to those who do :thup:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
well this is interesting, a 40 compression ball:eek: I used to play 90 compression then 100 compression during hot weather and I'm not actually sure what the compression of balls are these days, Ladies balls (no jokes please) I believe were 80 compression so this makes me think it's targeted at slower swing speeds but as usual I could be way off, look forward to seeing the results..... well done again GM

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
Applied for this - would be very interested in checking this out.

Just got myself a nice set of Wilson CI9 Irons too, so like to keep the branding consistent (Damn my OCD!)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have used them for a while now and am very happy with their performance. Good distance off the tee, nice flight with irons and fairways and very good results around the green. I will be sticking with them.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Email sent.

Be interesting to try as I've fell out of love a little with Srixon Soft Feels and been trying a few other makes.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mike are you just looking for people who have not tried them before. I have used them but would love the chance to win a years supply.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im in

Normally a Srixon Soft feel or AD333 player, but would relish to play a ball that shares my surname :D

I think they are quite pretty also with the funky dimples (well as pretty as a ball can be)