Inesis Golf or Wilson Staff balls

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Life is odd, I found a lot more distance with the Tour 900 over everything i used last summer, not sure why. Winter time i use the DX2 optic, I love the yellow or red, my son the red or orange, blue sucks.

It is always difficult asking for opinions as different things work for different people.

Orikoru and I both have totally opposite opinions on the same ball yet neither of us are wrong for us, for you, who the hell knows. I mean I hate chromesofts feel like pebbles off the putter only ball worse is the warbird they feel like iron balls.
Having discovered my swing speed is only 84mph, that might be the reason why I don't get much out of a urethane 3-piece ball. I think I'm better off with mid-compression balls.

On the Optix - orange was pretty good for me, I genuinely found them visible. Just the yellow ones were poor.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Having discovered my swing speed is only 84mph, that might be the reason why I don't get much out of a urethane 3-piece ball. I think I'm better off with mid-compression balls.

On the Optix - orange was pretty good for me, I genuinely found them visible. Just the yellow ones were poor.

I think the only way is to just try as many types as you can within your price range. My main preference with a ball is how it feels when i putt, I use a Ping Sigma 2 and love the really soft insert added to a soft ball really helps me as i can be too aggressive with a hard feeling ball. In the summer I use a TP5 and this year I am going to stick with the 1 ball through the summer. Last year I swapped a bit but this year it's TP5 and DX2 optic till spring.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the only way is to just try as many types as you can within your price range. My main preference with a ball is how it feels when i putt, I use a Ping Sigma 2 and love the really soft insert added to a soft ball really helps me as i can be too aggressive with a hard feeling ball. In the summer I use a TP5 and this year I am going to stick with the 1 ball through the summer. Last year I swapped a bit but this year it's TP5 and DX2 optic till spring.
You're right but it's also catch 22 because a lot of advice you see says stick with the same ball for consistency, lol. Can do once you eventually find the right ball I guess. :p

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just thought I'd revive this. I tried out the Inesis Tour 900 at the weekend and was pretty pleased with its performance. I got good distance, it held its line well in the wind and felt fine off there putter. Given they are half the price of premium balls, at the moment I'd say they give good performance for the money. I lost my ball on the 17th so didn't have chance to fully assess but they did seem to mark more than my Chromesoft. Still, for a player of my limited ability not a bad option.

Sekiro

Visit site
You're right but it's also catch 22 because a lot of advice you see says stick with the same ball for consistency, lol. Can do once you eventually find the right ball I guess. :p

Has anyone ever had a ball fitting? Surely that’s got to be the definitive answer in the selection process, if nothing else you’ll get to try a few different balls which is difficult/expensive to do otherwise?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just thought I'd revive this. I tried out the Inesis Tour 900 at the weekend and was pretty pleased with its performance. I got good distance, it held its line well in the wind and felt fine off there putter. Given they are half the price of premium balls, at the moment I'd say they give good performance for the money. I lost my ball on the 17th so didn't have chance to fully assess but they did seem to mark more than my Chromesoft. Still, for a player of my limited ability not a bad option.

I found one tried it, feel wise it was ok, distance wise I thought it came up shorter than a Snell/TM.