Why am I so ambivalent about golf gloves??

Skytot

Visit site
Never used to wear one up until I had my new irons fitting in October. Pro/fitter recommend that I wear one , he said people tend to grip the club tighter when not wearing a glove

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Nearly never wear a glove, never have. When it gets wet I do what I can for as long as I can to keep things dry and only put a glove on as a last resort, at which point my game just goes to pieces.

If and when my fingers get knackered I use a sports tape. There are times when I resemble a mummy.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Another good thing about the zero Friction glove is the tee holder. Which (during practice only!) could be used to aid hand position at impact. I used to use a tee peg stuck inside a glove to help force my wrist to stay "locked" and not flick at the ball. This would stop the tee peg falling out.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1

babylonsinger

Visit site
I usually go cheap and cheerful as my tight club grip churns through gloves in no time. Currently using a Rife one i picked up in AG for £6-7 or so which has held up well despite being a little big. Been meaning to try the Kirkland gloves but too tight to pay for membership - need to remember to ask my mate to pick them up for me next time he goes

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Zero friction?? I thought that the idea of a glove was, allegedly, to give more friction between hand and grip. :confused:
So called because they started with 3 and 4 prong tees which allegedly reduced friction. Sadly for them, as they branched out, their name maybe doesn't now work.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I use FJ Weathersof....I wait until I've opened my last one and look around for a deal on a 3 or 4 pack.
I'm not that hard on synthetic gloves but I can go through a leather one in a couple of rounds... don't ask, I dont know...
It goes on at the first tee and comes off after the 18th green...can't be having this on, off, on, off business..
It's what you're used to, I dare say I could play exactly the same shot glove or no glove....it's psychological.
And I wear my "Golfer's Glove" tan line with pride....:cool:

Are we related?

I literally mirror this with the only difference being the type of weathersofts. I keep around 1 or 2 “ in stock “,normally dark colours for the winter and white for April to sept.

I’m fussy in regards to which weather softs hence the stock. I only buy the ones Witt the traditional small popper style ball marker so always grab a few when I see them about.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another good thing about the zero Friction glove is the tee holder. Which (during practice only!) could be used to aid hand position at impact. I used to use a tee peg stuck inside a glove to help force my wrist to stay "locked" and not flick at the ball. This would stop the tee peg falling out.

Is this technically an on course training aid?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Are we related?

I literally mirror this with the only difference being the type of weathersofts. I keep around 1 or 2 “ in stock “,normally dark colours for the winter and white for April to sept.

I’m fussy in regards to which weather softs hence the stock. I only buy the ones Witt the traditional small popper style ball marker so always grab a few when I see them about.
I like them as the cuff is just a little bit longer..just seem to fit and feel better

RichA

Visit site
I ordered these on Tuesday and they've arrived this morning. Three lefts and one right, for the first few holes on colder mornings.
They look and feel like they're good quality. A bit snug, but past experience tells me they'll stretch a bit within an hour of wearing them.
5C85C1BF-AE55-43E8-B45E-33B012B5C7BF.jpeg