WHS - What Clubs need to do / buy???

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the Scottish Golf system replaces the ISVs? But this from V1 suggests not.

England – We will have access to the WHS handicap index, and handicap record, we will be able to display all data in ClubV1 and HowDidiDo as we do currently. All scores submitted at English clubs can be put through our systems.

Scotland/Wales/Ireland – We will be able to retrieve a WHS handicap index but may be restricted in where we display it. We will not be given the player’s handicap record, this will not be available in ClubV1 Back Office, ClubV1 Members Hub or HowDidiDo. All scores submitted at these clubs can be put through our systems.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume they will be happy to refund the affiliation fees to members of clubs who they are now denying a handicap?

AFIK affiliated clubs pay their fees based on the number of members irrespective of how many have handicaps.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the Scottish Golf system replaces the ISVs? But this from V1 suggests not.

England – We will have access to the WHS handicap index, and handicap record, we will be able to display all data in ClubV1 and HowDidiDo as we do currently. All scores submitted at English clubs can be put through our systems.

Scotland/Wales/Ireland – We will be able to retrieve a WHS handicap index but may be restricted in where we display it. We will not be given the player’s handicap record, this will not be available in ClubV1 Back Office, ClubV1 Members Hub or HowDidiDo. All scores submitted at these clubs can be put through our systems.

Been no sign or mention of the supposed new Scottish Golf system for months now, who knows what's going on.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I suspect it may have to be a legitimate one. eg handicapping@englandgolf.org or info@englandgolf.org ;)
Hang on - the supposed whole point of giving them an eMail address and DoB is for integrity of the system. Giving a generic eMail address is counter to this. Also I assume EG will be emailing links to people to go to their website. If they send it to themselves (this example) what is the point?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hang on - the supposed whole point of giving them an eMail address and DoB is for integrity of the system. Giving a generic eMail address is counter to this. Also I assume EG will be emailing links to people to go to their website. If they send it to themselves (this example) what is the point?
They've already got my email address so I have no axe to grind but the debate is about those who have no need or wish to use any email system.
I know a member of another local club where a few years ago they demanded email addresses for all members. The guy gave his daughter's (with her agreement) and she simply put the club's address on 'block'.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

I was not on gmail but I have set up a gmail address for those few members who have no access to email, and I will be monitoring it.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The idea of email addresses for verification is so outdated. Organisations have realised that the last thing people do when/if they change an email address is notify every tom dick and Harry. As all information on handicap index will be available on HDID and via your club it sounds more like a marketing ploy by EG than a need.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On a personal note I have no objection to email but DoB is an entirely different matter. When you read what they have said you are agreeing to this being sent to anybody they choose.

I have already told my manager I do not want him to give them my D.O.B as I consider this to be major breach of personal security information. It is something I give out only when I consider it to be absolute necessary for a organisation to have it.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
On a personal note I have no objection to email but DoB is an entirely different matter. When you read what they have said you are agreeing to this being sent to anybody they choose.

I have already told my manager I do not want him to give them my D.O.B as I consider this to be major breach of personal security information. It is something I give out only when I consider it to be absolute necessary for a organisation to have it.

We now have a few members born on 01-01-2001 :ROFLMAO: