Thread To Thank the Companies Who Support the Help for Heroes Day

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is my annual post to thank the companies that made donations to the Help for Heroes day and helped raise so much money for an excellent cause. As Rick mentioned on the night, getting this support is becoming harder and harder each year. In the current economic climate companies are reducing their support for events, choosing local events to support or, more commonly, picking one charity and directing all of their support towards that. We also do not have the glamour of the numerous ‘celebrity’ endorsed events that offer excellent Publicity but are sometimes not as successful in raising the amounts of money that this event does. Unfortunately we seem to lose one of two companies each year and the challenge is to find new companies that are willing to fill that void. This year we were lucky in this regard and I am hoping that I have picked up a couple more long term contacts who will support us again in the future. So, when you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, remember these companies:

Loudmouth Golf: Whether you love or loath what they do, Paul at Loudmouth is a new contact who has been so very supportive this year. Not only did he donate nearly £350.00 in vouchers, he also set up a discount code for forumers to buy gear for the day at a reduced price.

Go-Kart: It was a real pity that Sandy could not make it this year. She has been a supporter of this event for as long as I have and every year sends a Go-Kart to be auctioned off without even really having to be asked. Not only that, she also donated the wonderful trophy that we all play for. Sandy embodies the great Go-Kart customer service and her support of this event is second to none.

Stewart Golf: Another stalwart supporter of this event and another company that does not need asking twice. Mark at Stewart Golf has donated their top of the range push trolley every year that I have asked for one and has been another excellent supporter of the event.

Galvin Green: Getting support from the bigger brands is often the hardest part of finding donations. Galvin Green are one of the massive exceptions. Every year I send out an email and every year they send over £100.00 of shirts. An excellent and very generous company.

Ping: Another major manufacturer who has supported us every year. Ping must hold the record for speed of response this year. I sent an email on the Monday and I received a top of the range cart bag on the Tuesday. Strangely I did not receive the email telling me it was on the way until Wednesday. Ping are great supporters of the event and, for those who have been to Gainsborough on any Forum event, great supporters of the forum overall.

Orka Golf: Those who know me are aware that I get on really well with Alex at Orka as do a number of forumers. This is now the second time that they have built and donated a full set of irons to be auctioned off and their overall support has been top rate. Those who saw the irons this year will know what a stunning set of clubs they were and to offer to re-fit them for whoever bought them was just another great touch.

IJP Design: This is the second year that they have helped us out. The original intention was to send out a signed shirt again but I am informed that Mr Poulter’s family had been in recently and cleared them out of signed gear for various charity events. As such, they set up a web site with reduced prices and some of the profit to go to the charity. All of the staff at IJP Design are just a pleasure to deal with.

Titleist: Another big manufacturer that has helped us out every year. Without fail they donate a box of golf balls without any qualms.

Golf Monthly: Plenty has been said about the wonderful donations that they have made over the years in terms of time and effort and I am not going to cover that ground again. What I am going to say is that the most important email that I send each year is the one to Mike asking for permission to use the GM name when I approach these companies. Without that then we are just another in a line of thousands of charity event organisers that approach these companies and the support that we get from the golfing community would be nowhere near as strong as it is. That just goes to show the esteem to which all at GM are held.

So, all I would ask is that you remember these companies in the future as anything that we can give back helps us get support in the future. I am not saying use these over everything else but, if it is a toss up between buying from one of these companies and another then remember what they do for this event each year. If you see them having a promotional push on Twitter, do a re-tweet or if they post on Facebook, click the like button. Hell, sometimes even just do your own posts on social media about how you love their products. I would also ask that anyone who won/bought items this year, if at all possible, post reviews on the forum. These little things cost nothing but mean loads when it comes to getting continued support for the event.

Sorry for the overly long post.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm delighted to say that I'm a loyal supporting customer of 3 of those brands :)

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolutely brilliant that these companies support - such a worthy cause (and cracking day!) I own a Go Kart, was in my IJP shirt and subscribe to GM. I am determined to order some Loudmouth before the year is out - and my next irons will be Orka - those companies that stump up deserve to get a return IMO. And well done GB72 for all the work!

D

Deleted member 17920

Great work Greg and to get all the companies to provide something in this climate is pure brilliant.

If anyone makes an enquiry with any of the suppliers tell them that they are using them as they sponsored an event of this forum. I have already :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great post and a big thumbs up and thanks to all the manufacturers and contributors who helped make the day such a success and I hope Greg can wave his magic wand again next year and it grows bigger and better year on year

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Great post and a big thumbs up and thanks to all the manufacturers and contributors who helped make the day such a success and I hope Greg can wave his magic wand again next year and it grows bigger and better year on year
No pressure there then.

Top post Greg. Thanks again for all your hard work. Now start working on next years auction items !!!:)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
No pressure there then.

Top post Greg. Thanks again for all your hard work. Now start working on next years auction items !!!:)

If you and rick give me a date and a venue then I will start working. Pull your fingers out will you. You've had 48 hours off :eek:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks Greg....awesome work again mate in a tough climate...:thup:

as well as the aformentioned manufacturers, we were also donated vouchers to play the following courses:

Bearwood Lakes
Bramley
Chart Hills
Cooden Beach
Coombe Hill
Cuddington
Farnham
Hartley Wintney
Kenilworth
Liphook
Newbury and Crookham
Slaley Hall
Sundridge Park
Tandridge
The Army
The Berkshire
The Centurion
West Hill
West Surrey
Woburn

Many thanks to all the forum members who requested vouchers and to the clubs for donating them.

I forgot to mention on the night the donor of the Woburn voucher. It was given to me by Mike Smith of Spanish Saver. He won the voucher while we were playing Woburn on a charity day and gave it to us for the auction.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you and rick give me a date and a venue then I will start working. Pull your fingers out will you. You've had 48 hours off :eek:

not quite 48 hours......I had 6 requests within 6 hours asking where and when next years event was going to be..... :eek:

it's like painting the Forth Bridge!!... :rofl:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I would just like to add my thanks to Mark Head, the auctioneer. He contributes so much to the day, and without him we would not raise as much on the auction items. He even managed to get Slasher Nash to bid against himself. Can't believe he fell for that one.:whistle:

He doesn't charge us for his services, and is happy to just take a donation to his daughters charity. He is a really good guy, and is part of the team. :cheers: mate.