WHS Portal errors

fragar7

Visit site
I have been checking our list of members and handicaps on the portal.
We have members with a Handicap Index who left up to 5 years ago, who died 4 years ago and also current members who are shown with 2 CDH numbers or who are not on our system at all.
Is there any way to correct these issues as I did a purge of our records at the start of the year and these issues are not apparent on the CONGU based records??

fragar7

Visit site
I have been checking our list of members and handicaps on the portal.
We have members with a Handicap Index who left up to 5 years ago, who died 4 years ago and also current members who are shown with 2 CDH numbers or who are not on our system at all.
Is there any way to correct these issues as I did a purge of our records at the start of the year and these issues are not apparent on the CONGU based records??
Club Systems V1

fragar7

Visit site
Sorry for delayed response. They don't show in our V1 file and the office assure me that the spreadsheet was sent but I a not convinced.
I suspect I may need to redo the cleanup and resubmit the spreadsheet after 2nd November to get the portal corrected.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry for delayed response. They don't show in our V1 file and the office assure me that the spreadsheet was sent but I a not convinced.
I suspect I may need to redo the cleanup and resubmit the spreadsheet after 2nd November to get the portal corrected.
It seems many spreadsheets were returned very late (or not at all) and they haven't had the resources to process them all.

Qbduncan

Medal Winner
Visit site
England Golf have pulled the current data in the WHS portal from CDH database not directly from the ISV's this upload will happen running up to the 1st November.

Swango1980

Visit site
I have just identified another weird error in the Portal.

We have 2 brothers at our club, same surname, Pete and Phil. Pete plays off 12.6, Phil 6.7 (although they have not submitted cards in a very long time).

However, WHS has given Pete an Index of 6.7 and Phil an Index of 12.6. Basically, it has mixed up their CDH numbers. I have double and triple checked Club V1, which is correct. And double and triple checked the WHS (as I can't quite understand how the mix up could have happened)

So, poor Pete is going to find it much much harder to beat his brother after 2nd November

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
England Golf have pulled the current data in the WHS portal from CDH database not directly from the ISV's this upload will happen running up to the 1st November.
This will happen on the evening of 1 Nov. The UHS will have breathed its last.
As the universe is bigger that the world, I wonder what the will do on Mars or Jupiter

fragar7

Visit site
I can see that our email addresses and dates of birth are now on the portal but there are still 58 members missing from the membership and handicap list.
I hope that the missing data will be picked up prior to 2/11 and the corrections generated by a CDH Clean Up, performed yesterday, will correct the other issues ie left and deceased members. Hopefully the data uploaded from the ISV's will be more current as the data on the portal seems to only be up to 1/3/20.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see that our email addresses and dates of birth are now on the portal but there are still 58 members missing from the membership and handicap list.
I hope that the missing data will be picked up prior to 2/11 and the corrections generated by a CDH Clean Up, performed yesterday, will correct the other issues ie left and deceased members. Hopefully the data uploaded from the ISV's will be more current as the data on the portal seems to only be up to 1/3/20.

Which report do you run to see this info?

Swango1980

Visit site
No transfer of e-mail addresses for us yet ;(

However, on WHS Portal, when I click on Members list, there are still a lot of members who left my club a long time ago, but they still appear on the list with my club listed as them being a member, along with their current club. In fact, some appear to be a member of other clubs they are no longer a member of (e.g. Woodhall Spa, home of England Golf), so at least it gives me comfort that it isn't simply down to our own stupidity or ignorance.

Now, I'm assuming this is because my club is still attached to their CDH? Quite frustrating really, because we cleared our Club V1 database of any non members (obviously some of them were deleted years ago). We released pending players a month ago, after instruction from the local union. And, before that, I spent nearly a day going through the CDH database, taking note of any players that appear on my club list but are no longer a member (comparing to Club V1 database) and then sent this to England Golf

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
No transfer of e-mail addresses for us yet ;(

However, on WHS Portal, when I click on Members list, there are still a lot of members who left my club a long time ago, but they still appear on the list with my club listed as them being a member, along with their current club. In fact, some appear to be a member of other clubs they are no longer a member of (e.g. Woodhall Spa, home of England Golf), so at least it gives me comfort that it isn't simply down to our own stupidity or ignorance.

Now, I'm assuming this is because my club is still attached to their CDH? Quite frustrating really, because we cleared our Club V1 database of any non members (obviously some of them were deleted years ago). We released pending players a month ago, after instruction from the local union. And, before that, I spent nearly a day going through the CDH database, taking note of any players that appear on my club list but are no longer a member (comparing to Club V1 database) and then sent this to England Golf
You can delete them of the members list on the portal although “I Presume” it would be better to ensure they are all knocked of your HC system, give it half an hour then run a CDH cleanse and send it of to EG

Swango1980

Visit site
Also, some things I'd like to know about the software / WHS at some point.

1. We are on Club V1, and members use howdidido to book into comps, sign in and enter scores. So, if anyone fids out if they develop this further to register for supplementary scores and enter them, would be good to know your experiences on that
  2. If No.1 above happens, would be good to now how easy it is to check golfers have correctly pre-registered, or if dodgy scores are flagged (like entering stabo points rather than gross scores)
  3. The WHS manual talks about submitting 6x9 holes for handicap, or 3x18. I appreciate that the 9 holes can be used at 9 hole courses. Is it applicable to an 18 hole course? I'm just wondering what I'll do if a new member submits cards for handicap, some of which are only played over 9 holes. Currently, they would not count, as Club V1 expects me to enter an 18 hole score (unless I was making the wrong assumption, and I was meant apply standard scores for the holes not played, thankfully I've never had to deal with this situation)
  4. If a golfer registers for a supplementary score, but then only plays less than 18 holes (but at least 10), should these be allowed and net par given to holes not played. Or disallowed as they didn't attempt to play 18 holes. I'm still uncertain as to how to interpret the minimum holes played in WHS. Is it only there so that rounds lesser than 18 holes are permitted if Committee authorise it. Or is it there so that if a golfer needs to leave early for any reason, or they didn't want to play 1 or 2 holes on a winter green, or weather, etc. tey can just play less than 18 holes and submit card anyway? I suspect it is not up to golfers to decide (otherwise they could abuse this), but I think if they read WHS manual, they could use that as an argument to force my hand in accepting their score.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Also, some things I'd like to know about the software / WHS at some point.

1. We are on Club V1, and members use howdidido to book into comps, sign in and enter scores. So, if anyone fids out if they develop this further to register for supplementary scores and enter them, would be good to know your experiences on that
  2. If No.1 above happens, would be good to now how easy it is to check golfers have correctly pre-registered, or if dodgy scores are flagged (like entering stabo points rather than gross scores)
  3. The WHS manual talks about submitting 6x9 holes for handicap, or 3x18. I appreciate that the 9 holes can be used at 9 hole courses. Is it applicable to an 18 hole course? I'm just wondering what I'll do if a new member submits cards for handicap, some of which are only played over 9 holes. Currently, they would not count, as Club V1 expects me to enter an 18 hole score (unless I was making the wrong assumption, and I was meant apply standard scores for the holes not played, thankfully I've never had to deal with this situation)
  4. If a golfer registers for a supplementary score, but then only plays less than 18 holes (but at least 10), should these be allowed and net par given to holes not played. Or disallowed as they didn't attempt to play 18 holes. I'm still uncertain as to how to interpret the minimum holes played in WHS. Is it only there so that rounds lesser than 18 holes are permitted if Committee authorise it. Or is it there so that if a golfer needs to leave early for any reason, or they didn't want to play 1 or 2 holes on a winter green, or weather, etc. tey can just play less than 18 holes and submit card anyway? I suspect it is not up to golfers to decide (otherwise they could abuse this), but I think if they read WHS manual, they could use that as an argument to force my hand in accepting their score.

Might be better in the other thread?

Supps can be interred already on HDID - I get email from office confirming registration
Not sure how you get slope adjustment for 9 hole comps - do we need to apply to EG as we did previously

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might be better in the other thread?

Supps can be interred already on HDID - I get email from office confirming registration
Not sure how you get slope adjustment for 9 hole comps - do we need to apply to EG as we did previously
All courses were automatically give CRs and Slopes for both front and back nines when they were rated.

Your club will have details but see here
https://www.randa.org/chc-lookup