WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

IanMcC

Visit site
A wee warning of what might be to come.

I noticed that one of my rounds was missing from GolfBox, the Wales Golf CDH Portal. I then noticed that some of my mates had missing rounds as well. I asked ClubV1 to perform a Club Synchronise, but nothing changed.

When scores are entered into Clubv1 software, at the moment that is where handicap adjustments take place. This history is then transferred to GolfBox. It is the GolfBox data that WHS Clubhouse will lift for the new database. Problem is that the transfer between ClubV1 and GolfBox has not been perfect. I am finding that individual player data syncs are working, so I worked my way through the list to make it as correct as it can be before changeover day. From 317 players who played at least one qualifier last year, 76 of them were missing data! All now fixed. Took 2 days.
After changeover day all of the handicaps will be adjusted on WHS Clubhouse. ClubV1 will not be the keeper of handicaps anymore, it will be Clubhouse. I really fear that if the data transfer is not robust to the new software package then Handicap Index adjustments will get missed. I would encourage you to check your My Golf Overview the day after each round. Maybe I am being over pessimistic, but ClubV1 software would appear to be s**t at handing over data.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Info that has just come through

Competition Scratch Score (CSS) and Mapping of Tees
We are happy to provide clubs with an immediate update on the questions of CSS and mapping of tees.

• All historical data regarding the CSS has now been successfully pulled from the old system and included on the new one

• Our team is currently working to refresh elements of the new system which deal with the mapping of tees and courses
We are missing 3 X 9 hole courses

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Info that has just come through

Competition Scratch Score (CSS) and Mapping of Tees
We are happy to provide clubs with an immediate update on the questions of CSS and mapping of tees.

• All historical data regarding the CSS has now been successfully pulled from the old system and included on the new one

• Our team is currently working to refresh elements of the new system which deal with the mapping of tees and courses

One of our principle problems is that one of our courses has a short and a long course according to the weather (different Courses ratings and slopes). I noticed with the database they call the short course Alternate when we and IG call it Short.

The difference between the two course has not been picked up in the transfer and conversion of handicap records so a lot of scores have a 2 lower differential than actual.

On a personal note I only have two scores which are affected which fall of by the time I next play in a qualifier but we must have loads for which this will be an issue if they notice.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We run a roll-up for our seniors and one member decided to produce a YouTube clip to explain the new system.

All the music and photography is his - sure beats Powerpoint

Link to Video

Please respect copyright

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One problem being reported on another thread.

Where players who have NRd one or more holes in a handicap comp but not the whole round, that round does not appear in their WHS scores. This will reduce the number of rounds played and may change the H.I. calculation.

Swango1980

Visit site
Anybody had any members that simply didn't have their handicaps included in WHS? Had one member contact me tonight saying he was having trouble registering. I went onto portal, and he simply is not there. Tried searching both his name and CDH, nothing.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody had any members that simply didn't have their handicaps included in WHS? Had one member contact me tonight saying he was having trouble registering. I went onto portal, and he simply is not there. Tried searching both his name and CDH, nothing.

Had 2, one no CDH, 1 one on checking the CDH DB found he was still registered with another club.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone if we will still have access to the 'frozen' CDH data tomorrow? I would like to be able to check the original records of some players which may have inconsistent data in the WHS platform. I have asked EG but no response as yet.

I can still get in at the moment

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am still at my day job. All day sitting in front of a computer, my mind turning into mash. I saw England Golf sent another e-mail asking clubs to forward a Golfers Toolkit to all members. So, I've now gone through the process of doing that. But, honestly, I'm going to have to walk away and clear my head, I can barely keep up. I'll be taking a few days leave next week, the first I've had in 6 months. And, it looks like I'll be spending a lot of that in front of a computer Reviewing handicaps. And, it will have to be done quickly because they will be applicable immediately in the winter competitions, especially those playing knockouts, who could theoretically be playing on 2nd.

There were a handful of members who shared the same e-mail addresses, mostly couples.

Enjoy your days off......