WHS doesn't work

Swango1980

Visit site
Spooky happenings on the (Wales) whs app today.

Yesterday, my club manually entered my two cards from Castle Stuart last week. This morning they've impacted my H.I. but, the column with "diff" and whs is blank!

But it's there on the website. No pcc on either.

Odd. If not cleared in a couple of days, I'll message Wales Golf.
I played 5 courses in France last September, my handicap sec manually entered them each day. One was in my top 8.

However, on MyEG App, the only number shown is Adjusted Gross. No PCC, no Score Diff. If I click on the score on the list, just goes to a blank screen

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
What prompted club to do this. I can't suspect they are simply thinking "organised comp, you must now put cards in". Only because if that was the logic, would they not ask all roll ups to have cards put in?

There may be members unhappy. But, on flip side, could there be other members that have complained cards were not being submitted. In my experience, some members get annoyed that a handful of golfers play roll ups regular, often score well but never put a card in. So, they moan and complain, and that may prompt the club to instruct all golfers to submit scores, making it fair for all.

Our club have had roll ups on Tuesday and Thursday for years. For the last few years, scores are now entered for handicaps, comp set up using Club V1. Some moaned at time. Roll ups have never been so popular as they are now. Members get used to it. I actually think it publicises Roll Ups very well also, as all members get a notification when results posted
It's an instruction of WHS

wjemather

Visit site
I played 5 courses in France last September, my handicap sec manually entered them each day. One was in my top 8.

However, on MyEG App, the only number shown is Adjusted Gross. No PCC, no Score Diff. If I click on the score on the list, just goes to a blank screen
I can see the score diffs for those rounds on the admin portal.

wjemather

Visit site
Although the entries from the other Scottish Courses played that trip are fine. 😉

But, you did say "some!"😁
Yes. Only some.
The truly odd thing is that some of those rounds aren't showing the Course Handicap on the admin portal, but are showing it on the player portal. So the information is there, it's just not being displayed correctly.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
There has been a problem on the My EGApp with rounds from overseas not displaying the score differentials, although they are clearly seen and available on the EG WHS platform.
It has been like this for over 2 months, and I now have some ‘counting scores’ in my record that I cannot see the details of in the App. Fortunately I have access to the full records.
I have emailed England Golf support regarding this on 2 occasions, it was supposed to be fixed in the last App update but wasn’t and the latest is that their IT people are working on it. I’m not a computer programmer but logically surely it can’t be difficult to display the information if it already exists?, after all this is a recent problem, my overseas scores were shown in full on the App until just a few months ago.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
It gets odder. My mate entered the Castle Stuart rounds via the England Golf App. I couldn't access it through the Welsh one.

We were told the organisers couldn't add the scores as Scotland Golf had taken the course off their app temporarily as the stroke indexes had changed. So they emailed everybody their score breakdown.

I wonder how many were passed to clubs?😉

wjemather

Visit site
There has been a problem on the My EGApp with rounds from overseas not displaying the score differentials, although they are clearly seen and available on the EG WHS platform.
It has been like this for over 2 months, and I now have some ‘counting scores’ in my record that I cannot see the details of in the App. Fortunately I have access to the full records.
I have emailed England Golf support regarding this on 2 occasions, it was supposed to be fixed in the last App update but wasn’t and the latest is that their IT people are working on it. I’m not a computer programmer but logically surely it can’t be difficult to display the information if it already exists?, after all this is a recent problem, my overseas scores were shown in full on the App until just a few months ago.
Given it doesn't affect the important stuff (i.e. the HI calculation), it's probably not particularly high on the priority list given the amount of work involved in preparation for the 2024 updates and then fixing the resultant problems.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Given it doesn't affect the important stuff (i.e. the HI calculation), it's probably not particularly high on the priority list given the amount of work involved in preparation for the 2024 updates and then fixing the resultant problems.
It disappeared from the App back in January, so unlikely to be the result of 2024 updates.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Spooky happenings on the (Wales) whs app today.

Yesterday, my club manually entered my two cards from Castle Stuart last week. This morning they've impacted my H.I. but, the column with "diff" and whs is blank!

But it's there on the website. No pcc on either.

Odd. If not cleared in a couple of days, I'll message Wales Golf.
The England Golf app is like that with my South African scores.

My understanding is that foreign pcc's cannot be entered into the English system. I hope someone will tell me I wrong.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Is this "machine precision"? :eek:

D-S

Visit site
I just saw this on the EG Facebook group. Any idea how clubs can access this sort of info if they aren’t on the Facebook group? I haven’t seen any direct mailings to clubs or counties, have I missed something?
Also how can clubs resend scores at 85% if all they are being asked to do is set up the comp as normal and ‘let the computer do the rest’? Isn’t this an issue that needs to be tackled between the ISVs and Dotgolf?

Following was from England Golf

We are reaching out to clarify the process for sending four-ball-better-ball scores to DotGolf. We are aware there may be some inconsistencies in how ISVs are calculating and processing four-ball-better-ball scores. To ensure accuracy and consistency across the board, we would like to provide clear guidance and take the opportunity to clarify previous communications.

The calculation method for ISVs to process four-ball-better-ball scores is based on 85% of the Course Handicap. ISVs can then submit these scores to DotGolf for further processing, where DotGolf will calculate the four-ball-better-ball scores using the unrestricted course handicap at 100%.

This clarification aims to streamline the process and eliminate any discrepancies that may arise due to differing calculation methods.

For all four-ball-better scores posted since April 1 2024, please resend us the scores at 85% for DotGolf to process and recalculate.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
The calculation method for ISVs to process four-ball-better-ball scores is based on 85% of the Course Handicap. ISVs can then submit these scores to DotGolf for further processing, where DotGolf will calculate the four-ball-better-ball scores using the unrestricted course handicap at 100%.
Hmmm. If they are calculated with 85% are they then rounded? Because you can't unround back to 100% because the information has gone.

D-S

Visit site
Hmmm. If they are calculated with 85% are they then rounded? Because you can't unround back to 100% because the information has gone.
As far as I know all comp software runs 4BBs at 85% of CH, it would be odd for at least a few people entering a 4BB to not to query it if they were getting 100%.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I just saw this on the EG Facebook group. Any idea how clubs can access this sort of info if they aren’t on the Facebook group? I haven’t seen any direct mailings to clubs or counties, have I missed something?
Also how can clubs resend scores at 85% if all they are being asked to do is set up the comp as normal and ‘let the computer do the rest’? Isn’t this an issue that needs to be tackled between the ISVs and Dotgolf?

Following was from England Golf

We are reaching out to clarify the process for sending four-ball-better-ball scores to DotGolf. We are aware there may be some inconsistencies in how ISVs are calculating and processing four-ball-better-ball scores. To ensure accuracy and consistency across the board, we would like to provide clear guidance and take the opportunity to clarify previous communications.

This clarification aims to streamline the process and eliminate any discrepancies that may arise due to differing calculation methods.

For all four-ball-better scores posted since April 1 2024, please resend us the scores at 85% for DotGolf to process and recalculate.
We had an email from James Luke forwarded via our County Handicap Advisor and Club Manager last Friday.

D-S

Visit site
We had an email from James Luke forwarded via our County Handicap Advisor and Club Manager last Friday.
Thanks, I now have seen that one. It differs slightly from the one quoted in the Facebook group.
Not sure who the Facebook group information is targeted at, as the final line asks for different action from Friday’s note.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
The England Golf app is like that with my South African scores.

My understanding is that foreign pcc's cannot be entered into the English system. I hope someone will tell me I wrong.
Not sure how you’d get the PCC ‘s from abroad unless you are registered over there with access to the handicap system? When entering international scores it’s done by total adjusted gross basis, (not hole by hole), so if the PCC is known it could be edited there.