WHS doesn't work

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure I'd be all that welcome at some courses & hopefully @Bdill93 doesn't mind me using his course for ref (this came up many many pages back)

His tips are CR/SR 67.1/122 @ 5,500 yrds par 69 : I'm an overseas index of 14.5 so according to their course handicap table I'd rock up one sunny morning, check the table and get a CH of 16
Now I'm not a betting man but I might put a shekel or two on Slab EW (not to blow any trumpets) because the closest tees at my home club to that CR/SR means I play off CH of 12 for what's still a longer course even off our forward tees

Some forumers have been patient in trying to explain to me how that all works but it still fogs my noodle :geek:
Sorry, I don't understand how you get to a CH of 16 from an HI of 14.5 on a course with CR/SR of 67.1/122 and par of 69?
My math says your CH would be 14 (calculated with machine precision!:)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sorry, I don't understand how you get to a CH of 16 from an HI of 14.5 on a course with CR/SR of 67.1/122 and par of 69?
My math says your CH would be 14 (calculated with machine precision!:)

No need for maths, I looked up the published course handicap table online

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not really a serious post but I see the ET pros were asked what an 18 handicap would shoot round the DLF course for this weeks dpwt event and the average guestimate was about 120

But as far as I can see an 18 handicapper would get a 24 CH off the back tees, so the rating team reckon a 96 is doable

That's quite a difference :unsure:

Swango1980

Visit site
Not really a serious post but I see the ET pros were asked what an 18 handicap would shoot round the DLF course for this weeks dpwt event and the average guestimate was about 120

But as far as I can see an 18 handicapper would get a 24 CH off the back tees, so the rating team reckon a 96 is doable

I'm guessing the ET pros don't know what they are talking about. But, speculating a really high number is good for their ego, makes them look better. If they said an 18 handicapper could potentially break 90, maybe even creep into mid 80's, it makes them sound pretty garbage if they struggle to break par

Viewer

Visit site
I'm guessing the ET pros don't know what they are talking about. But, speculating a really high number is good for their ego, makes them look better. If they said an 18 handicapper could potentially break 90, maybe even creep into mid 80's, it makes them sound pretty garbage if they struggle to break par

Probably being kind - I don’t think an 18 handicap can even finish some holes on that course!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Doable yes, but that is based on 20% achievable scores.
An average or typical score for a notional 18 HI player would be more like 104, I believe.

For example, my HI 4.3 is equivalent to 5.8 over par on my ordinary course.
The actual average of all my previous 20 scores is 9.5 over par.
A typical or average score for me is 3.7 over the doable score or the playing-to-handicap score.

Alan Clifford

Visit site

31st March or 1st April course handicap?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They were asked to guess from the championship tees. The thought was some wouldn't even make the carry, and would lose a lot of balls. The course looks cool AF, but as a low handicapper, I wouldn't fancy playing it!

D-S

Visit site
Posting this here in the absence of clear alternative 😁😁

The courses of New Zealand are now visible on the England and Wales apps. (Don't know about Scotland yet)

The IT Chaps have been messing around methinks!😁 Certainly no comms from Taffgolf HQ about it.
Spain soon we are told.
Interestingly Spain ( the Spanish Golf Federation) apparently do not accept GP scores for ‘elite’ players which they term as less than 4.4. Also these players cannot have 9 hole scores recorded on their record. I am not sure of how this anomaly will play out if a low player enters a GP score in Spain on his EG App which would appear on his UK record but would not be acceptable in his Spanish record which has to mirror his UK one.
Also I have seen that, the Spanish Federation only allow one GP (away?) score on any players record per month - I have not seen this corroborated though. https://www.rfegolf.es/ArtculosDocu...- Artículos en inglés/WHS PROCEDURE GUIDE.pdf

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also I have seen that, the Spanish Federation only allow one GP (away?) score on any players record per month - I have not seen this corroborated though
A guy in my society lives in Spain, and he has mentioned this. One away score a month - which is laughable