Who is Europe's best hope of a major in 2021?

Who is Europe's best hope of a major in 2021?

• Rory McIlroy

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Jon Rahm

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Tyrrell Hatton

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Viktor Hovland

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Tommy Fleetwood

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Matt Fitzpatrick

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Paul Casey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AN Other

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
He came 6th in the most recent Open! :D Seriously though, he had a bad year for majors but also had probably his best golfing year at the same time - and his majors before that were more kind of average. I don't think it's a reason to say he won't win one.
I’ll put my neck on the line
Hatton will not win a major

evemccc

Visit site
Golf is the hardest sport in the world (that I can think of right now) in which to dominate...it’s v hard to predict who wins the majors.
It does seem like there are 6 who are a bit ahead of the field, even if these aren’t the top 6 highest ranked:
DJ
Rahm
Rory
Bryson
JT
Koepka

But there is such strength in depth. I could easily see Hatton not winning a major, just as easily as I can see Rory and Brooks nor wining another.

With Wolf, Cantlay, Morikawa there’s already another (younger) group right behind the big 6 on the come-up....and with golf you can still do it in your 50s and 60s...just ask Freddie, Bernhard and Tom Watson. And Lee Westwood too..winning the Race to Dubai a full 20 years after he first won it.
I am not a gambling man, but golf is one sport I would definitely never bet on!!