Who do you want to do well in 2015?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stolen idea from a post that linked to the 2014 thread, but interested to hear who you guys want to perform in 2015! My picks:

Rory McIlroy - I know he's been awesome this year, but I'd love him to win the next 2 majors and hold all 4 at the same time. If he doesn't manage that, I'd at least like to see him win The Masters and tie up the career grand slam.

Thorbjorn Olesen - Becoming a big fan of Olesen. Love his swing, he's seriously cool, and after picking up a good win in 2014, I'd love to see him kick on and have a really strong 2015.

Luke Donald - He's had a tough couple of years, but he's back with his old coach, and I'd love to see Luke return to the form that got him to #1. Martin Kaymer has had a resurgence the past year, so there's no reason why Luke can't do the same.

Tommy Fleetwood -
Love watching Tommy play. He's seriously big off the tee, superb iron player, he just needs to put it all together in a few tournaments and start winning. He had a very good 2014, but I'd love to see him kick on and make it to that next level next season.

Who would you like to see perform well?

D

Deleted member 15344

The same people i want to see do well every year

The Europeans in the Majors

Would really like to see Westwood ro Donald or Garcia finally make the step through that barrier in the majors

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would like to see Henrik have another good year, the game needs his type of character.
Dubuisson is someone else I would like to see do well, coolest man in golf right now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dubuisson, coolest man in golf.

Donald, stop messing with your swing and get back to being a top golfer and all round nice guy.

Robert Rock, he was the only golfer all day to acknowledge spectators at a tournament I went to. For that and his refusal to wear a sponsored cap because he doesn't like wearing one is all I need to follow his scores and hope he does well.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I tend to try and find rookies or players under the radar, who i think are above average tour players and have a few quid each week on them

Worked wonders with speith in the john deere, hideki in the memorial, Noh in the Zurich

Unfortunately there's others who haven't quite delivered - luke guthrie, matty baldwin, morten madsen

Anyhow, for 2015 i'll go with players this year who i have backed a lot and not made the grade yet;

Brendon De Jonge - Birdie machine has to break through sooner or later

Graeme DeLaet - Often noted as the best player to not have won on PGA tour yet. Has a big future i think

Mathew Baldwin - Has the game to win a european event...i hope

And without doubt- lets hope GEOFF OGILVY wins again in 2015 !!!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First of all I'd like the English guys to do well, Rose, Westwood & Donald in particular.
I love watching Rory & always want G Mac to play well.
Of the non BI Europeans, I'd love Olesen to do well. I'm sure he has a mahoosive future.
Of the Americans : Mickleson, Bubba & Keegan Bradley are the ones I'm rooting for ........................ in fact I'll root for anyone who is beating Woods!
Spieth maybe the one to watch though, he's awesome when he's on form.

And I still miss Payne Stewart, one of sport's greatest & saddest tragedies.

Slime.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I think Andy Sullivan will win next year. Would like to see Rickie Fowler win a major, and give Rory a run for his money over the next ten years.

I would also like to see Tiger fit and competitive. A major with Tiger near the top is always more exciting. Hopefully I will get to see him at St Andrews playing at his best.

Would be good to see Charlie Hull do well in the majors.

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd like to see Ricky Fowler get a big win or two and continue to see Rory performing no better sight in golf.

I always look out for Justin Rose and Jordan Splieth too.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd like to see Justin Rose perform well again, particularly in the majors.

And Paul Maddy, who finished 13th at Q-school last week and will be on the main tour for the first time after years of trying. He's from my club so wish him all the best.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would like to see Rory,Garcia and Westwood do well

Also love to see tiger come back and win some comps

Also Fitzpatrick and chris paisley fresh out of Q school

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see Fitzpatrick do well too. Came in with a lot of hype after turning pro at the end of last season, but faded a little, and ended up on the Challenge Tour, so it was good to see him playing well at Q School and getting his card. Hope he has a good season.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hoping for a continuation of the burgeoning Rory-Rickie on-course rivalry.

Always hope Phil Mick does well in the majors.

Hoping VDub can continue to progress well.

Hoping Justin Rose can challenge in the majors.

And would like to see Retief Goosen return to form. Always one of my favourite players although age is not on his side now.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Rory to stay at no1 and win at least one major

Luke to find his best form

Westwood to prove he is an all time top player with a major

Jason Barnes, a former club member, to keep his newly won tour card

Me to win another gold letter comp this year

And finally, Mike Harris to find his driver swing, be happy and let me do a club fitting!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would like to see Nick Dougherty get back to the higher echelon of the tour again and hope the Howell renaissance continues. Still want Westwood to come good in a major but beginning to lose hope these days.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Graham DeLaet is up there with my favourite players, really cool guy. Would be great for him to get his first win

Martin Kaymer is still my favourite player so hope he does well every tournament

Rickie Fowler to win a major next year would be great because he's bound to be upset at being the number two guy to Rory

Shane Lowry to continue his form would be excellent as well, think he has the ability to be a top 25 player but is too streaky

Brandt Snedeker, my favourite US player and seems like a genuinely nice guy, would like to see him return to form for sure