Who do you want to do well in 2015?

labatudgm

Hacker
Visit site
Every year I hope that we get a barnstorming Masters with plenty of people in contention to set the year up nicely. Masters run up will be all about Rory but I hope he doesn’t just walk it by 6 shots. This explains my 1st category…

Player to challenge Rory – I think certain players need to start winning majors, (Stenson, Fowler, Speith, Day, Garcia - please), and others need to win more (Rose, Scott, Kaymer, Bubba) to push Rory – if he wins the Masters fine but I hated when Tiger just turned up to win. My pick for a major winner in 2015 is Adam Scott – Open redemption?

Golfer back from the Wilderness –Karlson, Casey, Fisher etc. - all fine and good but my pick has to be Louis Oosthuizen.
That swing deserves to be back competing at the highest level. I hope he’s injury free for 2015.

Up and Coming Player –So many to choose from - I want to see Manassero, Fleetwood, Lowry, Speith, Reed and Oleson continue to get better as their careers progress but I really like watching Joost Luiten.
I think he’s a Ryder Cup 2016 candidate if he continues to impress.

Soft spot for a good, if not great player – the embodiment of this is Francesco Molinari. Always there or thereabouts - great swing, great temperament, top bloke – just not enough to win more and be a great. However, my pick is Gonzo Fdz-Castano – terrible 2014 in the US – needs a good 2015.

Outta left field – Player who’s results you look out for – This category includes Rock (no hat –great attitude), Dougherty (how bad can it get?), Storm (local player) – and my 2015 pick is Peter Hanson - treated badly at Medinah – handled it superbly – a class act.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
RORY MCILROY - would love to see him dominate
TOMMY FLEETWOOD - seems assured, great temperament and very consistent. Ready to take the next step
BROOKS KOEPKA - decent American, hits it forever and is prepared to travel to better himself
RICKIE FOWLER - he's got to bin Cobra and go to Nike Golf !!!!
WILLIAM HARROLD - been watching this guy for a while now and am convinced he'll be a real star of the future

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would love to see McIlroy complete the set in April.

Realistically can see Stenson getting himself and Sweden off the mark in the big four!

Optimistically want to see Westwood and/or Garcia finally pick one up (sadly, for Westwood at least, I don't think "if he gets one he'll get a few anymore!)

Dubuisson to grab a couple of events (first French major winner in over a century?)

Would be good to see Tiger on the course again (though if he's not playing well it would be good to see someone else!)

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would love to see Stenson continue his form into 2015, and add a major to his locker, also a big fan of Chris Wood, I would love him to steer clear of injury and find some constant form.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
victor dubuisson - a really cool guy
rory mcilroy - the best
sergio - is due for a major
colin montgomerie - still my fav
bernd wiesberger - our man on tour :whoo:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would love to see Rory win the Masters to complete the set then go and win the Fed Ex cup, after that all he needs to finish the "collections" is all the WGC's

Would love to see a few of the Scottish contingent compete well at the Open, home spoil next year in St Andrews.

A major for Garcia

Oli Wilson to cement his place on the tour again to give him confidence going into 2016 where he'll need to make numbers to keep his card.

Ali Forsyth and Nick Dougherty to make it back to the top tour

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
bernd wiesberger - our man on tour :whoo:

I was at a tournament last year, 2013 season, and was stood behind the tee on a huge par 5. A succession of players had hit big tee shots, raised tee box so great view, but we were waiting for Carlos Queiroz to come through. He came on to the tee and unleashed a monster right up the middle. Biggest tee shot from that box of those we had seen. Queue intakes of breath all round and impressed looks. Wiesberger was next up. He looked blankly at the few of us behind the tee box, gave a very subtle shoulder roll and hit it 5 yards past Queiroz. There were signs everywhere advising no talking to the players, no noise, breathe only if necessary etc but I could not help a stifled laugh. The macho moment went to Wiesberger.

I also now look out for his scores. He has the game to win big, like many others. It is probably just psychological factors that stops him and others taking that extra step.

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Donald - always been a fan of his. The cool personality that he has and it's been painful to see him struggle the last few years.

Dubuisson - the guy oozes charm

Rose - think it could be another major winning year for him

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would like to see Luke get back to winning ways. Don't quite get how he dropped off so much. Would be great to see both him and Rory teeing it up and battling regularly. Those two swings in the same round!

Garcia - man needs a major. Always Like watching him

Kaymer - Nice guy, seems very grounded.

Poults, Westwood and Rose.

Would love to see Jiminez keep going as well. Cool as a MF.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would love to see a return to form for Poulter next season, he's starting to show signs again and think that he deserves more than his 'journeyman' title that he gets labelled with. Rory to continue a dominance of golf and hopefully hold all majors at once. I'd like to see Speith doing well, think he is a great talent coming forward. Luke Donald to step up back to his best and Sergio to get his major.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was at a tournament last year, 2013 season, and was stood behind the tee on a huge par 5. A succession of players had hit big tee shots, raised tee box so great view, but we were waiting for Carlos Queiroz to come through. He came on to the tee and unleashed a monster right up the middle. Biggest tee shot from that box of those we had seen. Queue intakes of breath all round and impressed looks. Wiesberger was next up. He looked blankly at the few of us behind the tee box, gave a very subtle shoulder roll and hit it 5 yards past Queiroz. There were signs everywhere advising no talking to the players, no noise, breathe only if necessary etc but I could not help a stifled laugh. The macho moment went to Wiesberger.

I also now look out for his scores. He has the game to win big, like many others. It is probably just psychological factors that stops him and others taking that extra step.

Carlos Quiroz - it's no wonder Bernd hit it past his ball !!!!!!! Now Alvaro , that would be a different matter ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

The same people i want to see do well every year

The Europeans in the Majors

Would really like to see Westwood ro Donald or Garcia finally make the step through that barrier in the majors

Good start to Westwoods 2015 season - Wins the Thailand Champs against a strong field

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I want me to do well , Garcia , Westwood or Donald to win a major and of course Mcllroy to win the Masters and complete the Grandslam of majors

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spoke to rose at the Scottish open, the guy was so focused it was no surprise that he won it, would love to see him take a major this year.

Other than that.....

Bjorn, was watching him on the range with Westwood and really liked him as a character, and I'd like to see Jamison do well, but ive got a feeling speith is going to feature a lot more this season.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would like to see Lee Westwood and Poults to win a major.

I would hate Lee to become a Monty and be without one.
And I would love Poults to win in America he would love that.