Which Electric Trolley ?

Bobby19

Visit site
Next on the list to buy is an electric trolley - just wondering what’s everyone using at the minute and what do you recommend & urge to avoid?

Currently have my eye on a Motocaddy M1 at £500 which would be the maximum limit I could afford just wondering is there anything else I should be looking at for that kind of price? The reason it’s appealing is because it’s so compact which is a must due to the size of the boot in my car.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the m1 and it's a great trolley, it is my third motocaddy and it's the best so far. Folds and unfolds easily. It is small when folded and the wheels inverted . Great build quality and has worked flawlessly. Avoid the powercaddy compact trolley as I had it and found it very flimsey and not worth the money. I got rid of it pretty fast.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got an S1 and recently bought my old man an M1. No issues with either, however not really had the M1 long enough for it to throw any up. I’m actually tempted to swap my s1 with the m1 so I can fit everything in boot a little easier. As it’s a pinch with the S1

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m definitely considering an electric trolley this year (anything to help my quest for single figures) but ideally want something that can fit in my locker. Clubs always come home with me, the pinch point seems to be axle width once wheels are removed.....

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m definitely considering an electric trolley this year (anything to help my quest for single figures) but ideally want something that can fit in my locker. Clubs always come home with me, the pinch point seems to be axle width once wheels are removed.....
The m1 should fit no problem. It has a very small footprint when folded and the wheels inverted.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
One of the guys at my club has a Motocaddy M1 which fits into a half locker (he rents a full locker for his clubs and a half locker for his trolley) but he did say he had to measure a few first as the locker internal size varied. I would suggest you look at the M1 dimensions and then measure a locker at your club to check.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I won the M5connect in a GM Tested by you feature last year. It's brilliant. 2 clips to upfold, nice and compact, battery (18 hole) easily lasts 36 currently (7/8 months old). I wouldnt go for the M5 if you have a GSP watch or laser. I never use the GPS feature on it, but the trolley itself is superb. I'd go MotoCaddy over Powercaddy

D

Deleted member 21258

My mums got a Go Kart that I bought off here 2nd hand, she has used it loads and been perfect, no problems. Even the battery is still going on it.

Fairly compact and fits in a meriva boot which is not big boot.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
The m1 should fit no problem. It has a very small footprint when folded and the wheels inverted.
One of the guys at my club has a Motocaddy M1 which fits into a half locker (he rents a full locker for his clubs and a half locker for his trolley) but he did say he had to measure a few first as the locker internal size varied. I would suggest you look at the M1 dimensions and then measure a locker at your club to check.

Thanks Guys, ill look into this

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve got the M5 Connect, superb trolley and folds down smaller than any other.
Would reccommend you consider it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You should post locker width so we can measure the axles on trolleys.
Will it fit diagonally, ask your pro for some demos or other members to try theirs.
I have a large locker at the club and my Powakaddy won’t fit in it.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a go kart and now have an motocaddy s1. Go kart are a brilliant company, and respond very quickly to emails. However, their umbrella holder is far too low and the motor is very noisy compared to others. The S1 has a far better motor, and better accessories.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golfstream for me, far better than the piece of junk Motocaddy it replaced, Kent based firm with excellent customer service.

Their new Vision trolley supposed to fold very small so maybe well worth a look

D

Deleted Member 1156

I bought a GoKart 2 years based on comments from people on here. Everyone said their customer service is brilliant. I was playing on Wednesday evening and the wheel quite literally fell off my trolley! I rang them up Thursday afternoon, spoke to a guy and explained which bit had sheared off. He said they could either send a courier to pick it up, repair it then send it back all FOC or if I was happy to replace the part myself (held on with 1 screw) then he would post the part out first class also FOC.

Now that's what I call customer service!! (y)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Golfstream, my eldest daughter a GoKart. The Gokart is definately more compact when folded and bagged.
Both are excellent trolleys though:)