Which course is the BEST value for money?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sand Moor, Leeds. Winter rates are really good deals and the course is always immaculate. Think we played on a Sunday morning for £25.

Moor Allerton as well for around £20/25 even during the summer months is a bargain.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sand Moor, Leeds. Winter rates are really good deals and the course is always immaculate. Think we played on a Sunday morning for £25.

Moor Allerton as well for around £20/25 even during the summer months is a bargain.
Wow to both of those. Can't argue that those are both brilliant value for the quality of courses.

brfcfan

Visit site
£45 winter deal at St ENODOC including breakfast. I also have to tip a nod to Silloth. Would be triple the £55 if on the Kent Coast and knocks the socks off even St Georges

sunshine

Visit site
To sum up all these responses, all the value for money courses are off the beaten track.

Not going to find any in the south east.

My contribution: Aldeburgh £40 winter rate. Pennard is a good shout too.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mentioned Traigh earlier in the thread, because it's still possible to play there, however, another springs to mind that isn't. :cry:

Monte Mayor, however much it used to cost me, was just unimaginable value for the experience to be had just being there, let alone trying to get any sort of score!
God, how I miss playing that course.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
I mentioned Traigh earlier in the thread, because it's still possible to play there, however, another springs to mind that isn't. :cry:

Monte Mayor, however much it used to cost me, was just unimaginable value for the experience to be had just being there, let alone trying to get any sort of score!
God, how I miss playing that course.

Think I’ve mentioned before that I played there once, probably almost 20 years ago, when I was not serious about golf at all, but the experience stuck with me and it is one place I’d love to be able to go back to and have another look at now that I ‘get’ golf a lot more... sadly not going to happen.